Dynaudio DM 2/6 + .... ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-06-2012, 04:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey. After much reading and consideration, i think that "Dynaudio DM 2/6" is the best choice of a speaker for me. Now i have a little issue. What amp to pair it up with? What do you guys think? What should i go with? Is "Marantz PM6004" enough? The guy from the shop that i wanted to buy them recommended "Yamaha A-S1000" . I would appreciate someone who listened to these speakers to tell me what they think. Thanks a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribblepimp View Post

Hey. After much reading and consideration, i think that "Dynaudio DM 2/6" is the best choice of a speaker for me. Now i have a little issue. What amp to pair it up with? What do you guys think? What should i go with? Is "Marantz PM6004" enough? The guy from the shop that i wanted to buy them recommended "Yamaha A-S1000" . I would appreciate someone who listened to these speakers to tell me what they think. Thanks a lot.
Congrats, that is a nice choice.

They are easy enough speakers to drive that the Marantz you are looking at should be fine. Im gonna get a pair for use as surrounds with my Excite X16s and will power them with my Integra 40.2. My Excites are powered by a Naim Nait 5i thats connected via a HTBP for use with movies to the Integra. However, I have heard these powered with a PeachTree IA that was like $1k, and it sounded great. Im sure something like the NAD 326 or Marantz your considering should be good at decent volume levels. I think that getting something like the PeachTree Nova or NAD 356, Rega Brio R, Marantz PM8004 might yield you better overall results tho.

If youre going to spend $1700 on an Integrated amp for these speakers you should get a Naim or Musical Fidelity IA, but better yet, move that money into better speakers up the Dynaudio line and get the Excite X12 and the NAD 356 and have a better overall setup.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Oppo BDP-103,
Naim Nait XS-2, Jolida FX Tube DAC, Integra DTR-40.2, 55" Panasonic Plasma