Dynaudio DM 2/6 + .... ? - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > Speakers > Dynaudio DM 2/6 + .... ?

Speakers

scribblepimp's Avatar scribblepimp
04:21 AM Liked: 10
post #1 of 2
08-06-2012 | Posts: 1
Hey. After much reading and consideration, i think that "Dynaudio DM 2/6" is the best choice of a speaker for me. Now i have a little issue. What amp to pair it up with? What do you guys think? What should i go with? Is "Marantz PM6004" enough? The guy from the shop that i wanted to buy them recommended "Yamaha A-S1000" . I would appreciate someone who listened to these speakers to tell me what they think. Thanks a lot.
callas01's Avatar callas01
09:43 AM Liked: 82
post #2 of 2
08-06-2012 | Posts: 1,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribblepimp View Post

Hey. After much reading and consideration, i think that "Dynaudio DM 2/6" is the best choice of a speaker for me. Now i have a little issue. What amp to pair it up with? What do you guys think? What should i go with? Is "Marantz PM6004" enough? The guy from the shop that i wanted to buy them recommended "Yamaha A-S1000" . I would appreciate someone who listened to these speakers to tell me what they think. Thanks a lot.
Congrats, that is a nice choice.

They are easy enough speakers to drive that the Marantz you are looking at should be fine. Im gonna get a pair for use as surrounds with my Excite X16s and will power them with my Integra 40.2. My Excites are powered by a Naim Nait 5i thats connected via a HTBP for use with movies to the Integra. However, I have heard these powered with a PeachTree IA that was like $1k, and it sounded great. Im sure something like the NAD 326 or Marantz your considering should be good at decent volume levels. I think that getting something like the PeachTree Nova or NAD 356, Rega Brio R, Marantz PM8004 might yield you better overall results tho.

If youre going to spend $1700 on an Integrated amp for these speakers you should get a Naim or Musical Fidelity IA, but better yet, move that money into better speakers up the Dynaudio line and get the Excite X12 and the NAD 356 and have a better overall setup.
Reply Speakers

Subscribe to this Thread