here is what I did yesterday
1) Turned speakers a bit towards me (center)
2) Changed Receiver to play "DIRECT" .... very interesting improvement. Probably shows that some tweaks I or system did were not that great. Even regular TV shows sound brighter when DIRECT than in "STRAIGHT" which is the receiver sound emphasized as they say option.
3) Pushed speakers further away from the wall.
4) I turned sub off but decided to keep it ON in lower volume to get that extra depth.
5) Receiver option for speakers changed to "Large" for all L/C/R
6) Crossover I think is at 88.
What I noticed and what I am truly impressed with.
1) I've never heard a saxophone sound as nice as it did out of the Sierras-1
2) Human vocals sometimes are too bright. I'll look into my receiver settings to dim that down a bit though it really depends on music recordings I play.
3) Biggest improvement so far is the Home Theater movie dialog sound. I hated how on a movie like "Amadeus", my HTiB would play sound effects very loud and human voices (dialog) was not that crisp so I would play with the volume all the time. The Sierras solved that problem. Dialog is amazing. Can hear every word, breath, etc coming out of a human.
I have not used my Receiver's Audyssey option since the above changes. I wonder if I do it now if it'll do anything. I am still a bit confused as to the "DIRECT" option vs "STRAIGHT" option on my receiver. Direct means that sound is played exactly as it was recorded without having the receiver do anything to it ... meaning even if I do the Audyssey test, it will not apply when I play "DIRECT" ?
Which option should I be using for 2ch music and which option for Dolby Digital or TruHD movies? If I keep at DIRECT will it play in TruHD?
P.S. ..... About to spend some more money for a Rythmik F12 sub as I feel like it will be a big plus to what I have right now.
Denon AVR 4311ci, Ascend Sierra-1 NrT, Ascend HTM-200 (surrounds), Rythmik F12, Panasonic TH50PX60U, Samsung BD ES6000, Denon DVD-2910 SACD/DVDa, Sony 222ES SACD, Monster HTS 5100 MKI, Logitech Harmony One, Sennheiser HD600, Schiit Modi/Vali