Small Surround speakers for BIG space? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-10-2012, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Been lurking a few days and read a bunch and wanted to see if I could get any other options from other members.

Currently I have a Onkyo SR-508 with Klipsch RF-35 Floor speakers, a PA- 120 Sub, and some Jamo C400 Surrounds in a 7.1 setup.

I just moved into our new house and my wife would like for me to swap out the Jamo surrounds cause they are so Big. 13.6" x 5.3"

So I started to look at the Mirage 5.0 Nanosat Set, since I can get one for like 200$.
I worry about the room size. Living room is 15x18 roughly but it is open to the dining room and kitchen.
So really like 30x30. I was going to ceiling mount the speakers pointed down but thought the sound might re-verb through out the space.

I have seen suggestions for the Definitive Surrounds speakers, and I thought about just some Kilpsch surrounds that are smaller, if I can find a good deal on a discontinued set.

Any thoughts, ideas or experience would be much needed, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-10-2012, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx_02 View Post

I just moved into our new house and my wife would like for me to swap out the Jamo surrounds cause they are so Big. 13.6" x 5.3".

If a wife can see a speaker, it's "too big".....

If you get a small speaker for a large space, its going to sound like a small speaker, no way around that.

For the best sound quality, the best thing is to stick to the same brand and model series as your mains, if possible. Follow the mounting directions provided by the manufacturer.

Tell the wife you'll paint the ssurround peaker cabinets to match the wall or ceiling so it blends in. Then she won't see it - Problem solved! biggrin.gif

Fine Music, Movies, Wine, and Friends - A Life Well Lived!
post #3 of 3 Old 08-10-2012, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been looking around, looks like my other option is in wall speakers. If I could find any discontinued Klipsch then I would be doing alright but so far I got nothing.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Mirage , Jamo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page