KEF C1 vs Q Acoustics 2000i - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-16-2012, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

Does anyone have an opinion on these? Im buying a system and it's between these two but there isn't much out there in the way of reviews about the KEF's. eek.gif

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-17-2012, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 250
According to their website, their 2000i is not a speaker, but a SERIES of speakers. If you want to compare, you need to pick out a specific MODEL...for example the 2010i or 2020i.

Also, it depends on whether these are intended for surround duty or as front speakers. Which is it?

The KEF C1 is really intended as a surround speaker. Its frequency response is not adequate for front speaker duty.

You would want the C3 or the iQ30 if these are to be your main speakers.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-17-2012, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for that

I currently have KEF coda 7's which I've had for years... they're still pretty good, but I've recently bought an Onkyo TX NR616 and want to upgrade the speakers from the Kef, which I am just using as fronts at the moment because that's just what I already have. My plan would be to lose the 7's and put in a new 5.1 system. I also want to use what I buy for music but it's not like I am holding massive parties in a field that need a great deal of power or ability.

The C1 and the 2000i series both come with dedicated fronts which I would have thought would be suitable?

I would go for either the 2010is or the 2020's if it was the QA's... probably would push to the 2020i's if there was a significant enough benefit.

Anyway, to answer your question... they will be used as surround and for music. Not dedicated fronts as the fronts in the 5.1 bundle would be doing that job.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page