Center speaker to match Primus 150? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-17-2012, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi there!

I've been reading this board for quite a long time, and learned quite a bit here around. Anyway, I've thought that I could even open a thread asking for some help smile.gif

In January 2011 I bought a Sony STR-DH700 7.1 AVR and a pair of Infinity Primus speakers, and though that I'd update whenever possible. Well, it may be possible now, but guess what? I can't get the primus C25 center anymore in Europe! By the way, I'm living in Germany.

I've always read that's quite important getting the same front channel (or same family) as the Front L/R, but since it's not sold anymore... what else can I do?

Some options I thought:

1.- Get a JBL EC25. Since JBL and Infinty are the "same".. it should blend in fine with the primus 150. I say JBL EC25, but maybe you know other that could fit? Within 100-150€ budget? (or $, for that matter)
2.- Wait until I have the cash to exchange the primus for a new front stage including the center channel. That means well over a year of waiting. Keep in mind the exchange wouldn't be for floorstanding, but only Bookshelf speakers (I only have space for bookshelfs)
3.- Get a nice center channel and forget about matching the primus, should sound good too!

I think reason 2 would be the best (at least quality wise) but very far in time away and that number 1 may be a good bet. Number 3 does seem a bit rushed.

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Thanks for reading smile.gif

Patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-17-2012, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Perhaps you could consider the KEF C6 LCR center speaker. (about $220 US).

Later on you could get the KEF C3 speakers to go with it ($330 per pair US).
post #3 of 3 Old 08-17-2012, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for replying!

Well, that idea doesn't seem crazy, but there some issues with that:

1.- I considered the Kef C3 before buying the Primus, but especially after reading a quite bad review (in whathifi perhaps?) I preferent the Primus
2.- Buying a center and then mach the L/R: I may have bad luck again and when I'd like to buy the fronts, they are gone smile.gif
3.- I paid 110€ for the Primus, now paying nearly 200 for the C6.. seems a bit unbalanced, isn't it?

Anyway, thanks for answering smile.gif Getting a center and matching the L/R later seems like a good idea... as long as the speaker is a very new model and still buyable after a year or more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page