Best Definitive Technology Center to use with older BP series? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the following speakers. However, the CLR-3000 is not doing the job due to my large room. Looking for suggestions (I could use a pair of mains as my center, but they should not be bi-polar obviously.

BP7001sc for mains
CLR3000 (i have two of these)
BPVX for surrounds and back

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Not doing the job as in not loud enough? I have a 3000 and don't have that issue. Do you have an audyssey type system on your reciever? May just need to bump up the output to the 3000. I can't think of any center that would work better with your other speakers.

post #3 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have no issues with my CLR3000. How far apart are your mains? What issues are you having? Just not loud enough? Have you set the volume levels properly? Have you tried the CLR3000 standing up verticle to see if it helped any? What volume levels do you normally listen at? Are you using two CLR3000 for the center?

Maybe you will be better off with Seaton Sound Catalyst speakers? I would probably consider that a next step up over a CLR3000 to fill a large room.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 45
My issue was the same as you. The bass in my 7001's would overpower my center. I have a LCR2002 so I set my towers to smell with a 40Hz crossover and added a separate 10" def tech sub to my center channel only. Since I hooked it up via speaker wire and crossed the center to 40hz in my receiver what happens is the center channel sub handles 40-80hz anything above 80hz goes to my LCR2002 anything below 40hz goes to my SVS sub. The bass across the front is solid down to 40Hz the center doesn't sound weak compared to the towers and since there is an outboard sub to the center it's gets louder and has more power than the built in sub in the LCR3000.
patricksull likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the response guys. I also didn't mention that I have a Trinity sub.

I will try some of the suggestions of turning up the input to the centers, as well as placing them vertically. However, I don't know anything about crossovers. What do you suggest I try. Again, BP7001 for fronts, BPVX for back and surroungs, and two CLR-3000 centers. I currently have a Denon receiver preamped out to two 5-channel amps. This allows me to bi-amp the fronts and give power to both centers, my backs, and surrounds (all 10 channels are used). I love the versibility of Def Tech! But, I am ignorant to the use of crossovers. Do I need to by one, or is there one built in somewhere? Any suggestions of things to try to improve the sound would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Patrick
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page