Opinions on Boston Acoustics A series? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 08-29-2012, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was just curious as to what you guys thought about them, I don't see them recommended very often. It seems to me they a great bang for the buck right now considering how much they're going for on accessories4less. I got an entire 5 speaker system for under $600 to the door. I don't really have much to gauge them against, but they sound amazing to me.

Anyway, like I said was just wanting to see your guy's opinions. biggrin.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-29-2012, 05:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 389
I've seen plenty of recommendations for them on these forums...

Afro GT
post #3 of 8 Old 08-29-2012, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

In the little bit that I've seen I haven't, but I meant on any of the home theater forums really. If you type "boston acoustics a series" or "a360" not a whole lot seems to pop up. ..and definitely not much compared to that of polk or klipsch.

Or maybe I'm just senile? It happens from time to time

post #4 of 8 Old 08-29-2012, 06:39 PM

Liked: 12
I couldn't find a whole lot either when I was buying mine. I have a pair of a360s, a pair of a26s and the a225c center. I listened t quite a few budget priced speakers and really found nothing I liked near as much until I got to almost triple the price. For movies they've been great and really have no negatives. As far as music, the mid range is extremely good. Acoustic guitar, female and male voices, and live recordings are exceptional. Most rock, rap and electronic music are good with these as well. As far as the negatives, I'd say that the highs are very laid back, too much for some. I like to play it loud so for me this helps since they are never fatiguing. I do find that with heavy metal and some orchestral music (anything with a lot going on), the detail between instruments can get a little lost, but I found this with most inexpensive speakers. At the price they have them for a accessories4less.com I think they're hard to beat.
Jay1 likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-29-2012, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 1299
fwiw, boston acoustics make excellent speakers from their build to the quality drivers they put in them. i recommend them often as they are a great bargin for their price. alot of people get turned off by the gloss white. but with the black grilles they look good to me. i recently recommended the a360's to a fellow worker and every time i see him he has to thank me and update me on how they sound.btw. congrats on your purchace on one of the best bargins in speakers imo.

i'm so laid back,i'm laid out
post #6 of 8 Old 08-29-2012, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbean16 View Post

I couldn't find a whole lot either when I was buying mine. I have a pair of a360s, a pair of a26s and the a225c center. I listened t quite a few budget priced speakers and really found nothing I liked near as much until I got to almost triple the price. For movies they've been great and really have no negatives. As far as music, the mid range is extremely good. Acoustic guitar, female and male voices, and live recordings are exceptional. Most rock, rap and electronic music are good with these as well. As far as the negatives, I'd say that the highs are very laid back, too much for some. I like to play it loud so for me this helps since they are never fatiguing. I do find that with heavy metal and some orchestral music (anything with a lot going on), the detail between instruments can get a little lost, but I found this with most inexpensive speakers. At the price they have them for a accessories4less.com I think they're hard to beat.

Try toeing the speakers in. Also, if you have a tv/entertainment setup in between the speakers this will completely mess with the imaging of any set of speakers. Pulling the speakers out further into the room can help. Glad you're liking them! cool.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 8 Old 08-29-2012, 09:15 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 View Post

Try toeing the speakers in. Also, if you have a tv/entertainment setup in between the speakers this will completely mess with the imaging of any set of speakers. Pulling the speakers out further into the room can help. Glad you're liking them! cool.gif

Speakers are toed in, but yes there is an entertainment center in between. I've pulled them as far into the room as possible (about 2 ft off the wall) and the frnt of the speakers are slightly further out than the entertainment center. I'm sure in many respects my set up is not perfect for music, but I've dialed it in as best I can. So, while I do like the speakers, the OP sould know my set up is not exactly ideal for a review.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-29-2012, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

You should see how mine are set up... Mine definitely aren't ideal for anything, but even so they are definitely the best speakers I've ever owned.

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page