front mains problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-29-2012, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 20

I hope this hasnt been mentioned before, but here i go anyway. There seems to be more sound coming from my surrounds and centre speaker as opposed to my front left and right mains when playing blurays. I have done a audyssey calabiration and speaker levels seem right and i also have my source running through bitstream. My fronts seem to be lacking punch as they dont sound as loud as my surrounds for some reason.They are set on 0db and my centre is set on +2db.Am i missing something?

Fame is a mask that eats into the face.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post

I hope this hasnt been mentioned before, but here i go anyway. There seems to be more sound coming from my surrounds and centre speaker as opposed to my front left and right mains when playing blurays. I have done a audyssey calabiration and speaker levels seem right and i also have my source running through bitstream. My fronts seem to be lacking punch as they dont sound as loud as my surrounds for some reason.They are set on 0db and my centre is set on +2db.Am i missing something?

What speakers are you using? What Amp/BluRay player you using? What Movie are you playing etc. Probably need more info to better help you.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-29-2012, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Frank, I am using the AVPA1HDA Processor also my bluray player is a DVDA1UD and my speakers are Yamaha hx8 mains with a velodyne dd15+ sub also a 7.1 surround setup. I was playing the movie Predators and noticed the lack of sound from them but after putting on another bluray it seems a little better.The centre channel is definately good its just the mains.

post #4 of 5 Old 08-30-2012, 02:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Maybe it is just that disk then? Have you tried that disk in another system yet? If it does the same then you know its the recording and if it does not then there must be other problems.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-30-2012, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

yea thanks frank, i tried  running the movie through a different source like the ps3 and its still the same. It might be the way the movie is encoded. I had the same issue with "wrath of the titans". I think it is more of a setup thing rather than problems with the actual speaker itself as dvd concerts work fine.I will search around the forum and see where it takes me. Thanks again frank

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page