What towers should I buy? - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 71 Old 09-19-2012, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
No love for the Paradimg Monitor 9 and 11 Series 7?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 Old 09-19-2012, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by addictaudio View Post

Not sure why Paradigm doesn't get mentioned more often, very nice speakers. Might be that Paradigm keeps there pricing fairly secret, always seems to really have to search to fine prices on the various models. OP wants to stay around $1500 or less according to the first post. I have no idea if the Paradigms fit in that price range or not.
post #63 of 71 Old 09-19-2012, 01:20 PM

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by addictaudio View Post

I am a big fan of the series 6 versions of the Monitor 9 and 11. Haven't heard the new v7 with the new cabinet and drivers.

Arcam AVR300, Panny BDT-500, Toshiba SD-9200 CD transport, Vizio XVT 55" LED/LCD (full direct-backlit w/ local dimming), Arx A5 & A3rx-c Mains, Arx A2rx-c center, HSU VTF-15h, BJC ten white w/ ultrasonically welded connectors.
post #64 of 71 Old 09-19-2012, 01:27 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpsuper24 View Post

Not sure why Paradigm doesn't get mentioned more often, very nice speakers. Might be that Paradigm keeps there pricing fairly secret, always seems to really have to search to fine prices on the various models. OP wants to stay around $1500 or less according to the first post. I have no idea if the Paradigms fit in that price range or not.

Yes, I think that the 9's retail for around $1200 and the 11's for $1600, so they are right within range.
post #65 of 71 Old 09-19-2012, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post

I understand. However, that pretty much blows my next suggestion that has a superior finish, the EMP E55ti's. They are ID as well. If finish is a concern, they are a VERY high value speaker.
Funny enough I was seriously considering those when I created this thread =P in the pictures they look fantastic, however from reviews I have read the finish apparently doesn't look as nice upon closer inspection in person =/ but honestly it's all about the sound, looks come second to me when it comes to speakers.
post #66 of 71 Old 09-19-2012, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

I have been looking around at paradigm and they look to be good quality speakers, but I can't find anywhere to audition them, or anything besides Polk, klipsch, b&w, and energy. I sent an email off to a showroom in Dallas but never heard back from them with what they had set up to listen to. I guess I'll have to call them up sometime this week since thy cant respond =/
post #67 of 71 Old 09-19-2012, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

How would the energy RC-70 compare to the other speakers mentioned on this thread? Just wondering because I can pick a pair up for under 800 delivered.
post #68 of 71 Old 09-19-2012, 10:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleocalypse View Post

How would the energy RC-70 compare to the other speakers mentioned on this thread? Just wondering because I can pick a pair up for under 800 delivered.

Those are great speakers. If you can get them in near mint condition for that, it's a good price. Read around in the Energy Owners Thread. You'll find there's a lot of love for them.

post #69 of 71 Old 09-23-2012, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Just ordered the Polk RTi A9's directly from Polk's ebay storefront biggrin.gif It says it will take 1-2 weeks to get here so I'll just be dying in a corner waiting eek.gif, anyways, I'll post some pics of them once I have them set up smile.gif Thanks everyone for helping me make a decision cool.gif
post #70 of 71 Old 09-24-2012, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleocalypse View Post

I have been looking around at paradigm and they look to be good quality speakers, but I can't find anywhere to audition them, or anything besides Polk, klipsch, b&w, and energy. I sent an email off to a showroom in Dallas but never heard back from them with what they had set up to listen to. I guess I'll have to call them up sometime this week since thy cant respond =/

Have you stopped into Stereo East way up north there on Preston Road? They carry a number of nice brands and have some set up for audition.

post #71 of 71 Old 10-02-2012, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Here is a link to a couple of pictures of my setup thanks again to everybody that helped me pick them out sorry the first one is so washed out, there is a window behind it messing it up =/ [=http://www.avsforum.com/gallery/image/view/id/73136/album/2121040][/]
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page