Better front stage than B&W N801 and NHTM1 for $9k including amps? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 32 Old 09-09-2012, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mktheater I've read through your whole thread and am very impressed. Do you have a link to the exact parts of your dr200's? I've been to the website but can't quite figure out what parts you used. You also mentioned that your current setup was a bit harsh in the high end and were considering replacing with ribbons? I am a big fan of DIY so the dr's really appeal to me, but I am particularly bothered by harsh high end. Where would you say the sho-10s are deficient to the dr's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 09-09-2012, 08:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 405
The DR's were made to go with tuba and or Titan subs so their low end drops off faster than regular speakers. I wanted to use the DR's as tops and my 12x12 high excursion sub system as the bottom. In order to this correctly is to have a crossover at 200hz or EQ the DR's properly to match. They only sound shrill if the tweeters dominant the response. I use THX processor which has one crossover, 80hz! No matter what I either needed the titans or tubas or the DR's from 200hz and up would dominate the 80-200hz range and it sounds very sharp this way. Fine at low levels but once you turn it up it is too much. I EQ'd mine to be flat to 80hz and now I have Midbass which makes them sound balanced and not harsh at all. Proper integration and EQ is a must for these. I love my arrays!
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page