Upgrading from Polk monitor 70 - AVS Forum
Speakers > Upgrading from Polk monitor 70
bigtime22's Avatar bigtime22 03:24 PM 09-06-2012
I'm in the market to upgrade from my Polk monitor 70, cs2, and rti bookshelf rears. I would keep my onkyo 809. I'd like to start by upgrading my rw12d to an svs model (hopefully pb13). If I did that what would be a good match speaker wise? I was kind of thinking rti equivelants all the way around. What brands should I look into. I need some ideas of what to go listen for. Budget being under $2000ish for left/right and I'd match the center then finally the rears later on. I don't have room specs because we are still looking at houses. Also, best places to buy? Thanks.

postrokfan's Avatar postrokfan 10:56 PM 09-06-2012
Are you set on Polk? There are many good tower speakers in the $2000 range including the Ascend Acoustics Sierra towers as well as the KEF Q900s (to name a few).
kemetblk's Avatar kemetblk 02:37 AM 09-07-2012
Polk RTi A9's are great choice. I have them and love them. If you are willing to spend up to $2k then I'd seriously look at the Aperion Versus Grand towers. I also demoed the Martin Logan Motion 40, B&W 683 and DefTech BP-8040 and each of them had their strong points, but the ML's sounded best overall to me. Aperion would be my first choice though.
Up
Mobile  Desktop