Rate my first setup! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-13-2012, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

Only spent a couple weeks researching the home audio side of things, but just wanted your feedback on my first setup.

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWgPecth2RQ

BTW, that vintage Pioneer amp on my Paradigm sub (haven't tried the rest of the setup yet) sounds absolutely insane!!! I can't believe how deep it goes. The pictures wanna fall off the walls at 1/3rd volume, lol.

Egan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-13-2012, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 359
I can't honestly say how you did -- because I'm not watching a video that's 11:33 long wink.gif -- but I would offer one piece of advice. When taking the metal cover off a receiver make sure it's not powered on, otherwise bad things could happen if it comes in contact with any of the internal components. You may end up looking for another receiver... tongue.gif

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #3 of 6 Old 09-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Your first set up is very similar to my first set up. Great sounding speakers. From what you say it seems everything is in very good condition. As long as everything works properly, which im sure it does, id say you did pretty good. Especially for the money
post #4 of 6 Old 09-13-2012, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I'm the first one to hit the "like" button !!smile.gif Very nice and great find on the Paradigms.

cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-13-2012, 11:38 AM

very nice start Daumen.gif

have much fun with it.
And before you try to upgrade some tech, because sound quality lacks, look for the acoustics first and look how much potential your tech has.

greetz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-18-2012, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys!

Got this system all setup except for the rear surrounds as my wife is a little hessitant. Don't worry, I'll convince her! smile.gif

That subwoofer sounds amazing and so deep sounding running through it's own amp (the vintage Pioneer SA-6500 II). It's nice being able to adjust the bass output, levels, volume, etc all on the sub itself with that amplifier outside of the Onkyo. Plus, when the baby is sleeping we can just turn it off fully with the flick of the switch. The power that sub puts out literally shakes the entire house, lol.

WOW, I honestly can't believe how good this setup sounds!!! This amp is great for all the functionality and tweaking I've been doing with it. The soundstage sounds superb over the monitor 9's and the CC-200 center with the subwoofer on 3.1. I've listen to more music of mine in the past week than I have in the past few years! Movies and TV sound absolutely astounding. I couldn't have asked for a better setup, especially for this measly price!!!

I've done hours of tweaking and am starting to have different sound encoding preferences based on source. I really like Stereo for 2 channel music (pure audio is the best, but no subwoofer control). Dolby II music is my second favorite. For TV I'm enjoying the THX Theater Dimensional mode probably first (after some tweaking with the center channel), and Dolby Digital II Movie mode probably second.

I can't believe how wide and beautiful the sound stage is on music, vocals and instruments! The lows are there, the mids are VERY strong, and the highs are bright and crisp, but not fatiguing. I actually bumped up the tweeter level just slightly as I prefer a fairly bright high hz. If I close my eyes while I'm listening, I can point to the singer, the drummer, the guitarist and everything. Man I'm glad I went the Paradigm route. I cannot wait to hook up the Paradigm surrounds for 5.1 in movies now! A few times I've been watching and was thrown off thinking someone was actually standing in the house making a certain noise and it scared me at night, lol.

Thanks for all your advice here guys. I'm placing a big order to monoprice for cabling and wire so things will be getting even better yet. smile.gif Maybe I'll throw up a video if one of my cameras will at least reasonably replicate the sound, lol.

Travis
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page