**The Official Chane M&C 'Arx' owner's thread (A1, A1b, A2, A2b, A3, A5, etc.)** - Page 21 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #601 of 605 Old 09-20-2014, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post
My definition of clinical is accurate clear sounding or less veiling (probably due to simpler crossover). When you say sweeten to me it translates as making a less accurate speaker to suit the public's taste. That would make the current A5 a technically better speaker. I don't want a forgiving speaker. I want one that can play recordings as accurate as the designer can make it and cut cost elsewhere such as on cabinets.
Using 'accuracy' as a semantic gauge of real sound can be challenging. We can project it onto an element of a system's observed behavior, but we may be advised not to use it as an overall predictor of the sound of X vs Y.

Real sound in a real space is the result of a complicated set of system behaviors, and those behaviors are influenced in many ways not strictly related to any one metric like 'accuracy' in one domain or in a few manifestations.

In the context of these model platforms, musical accuracy - that overall effect of many individual behaviors - has been the goal, and users mention accuracy and musicality together in the same report.

In all cases the accurate sound is the sound that most brings the hearer most directly to the original musical context, including its recording venue. What sounds accurate is accurate, which is a nice fail-safe for listeners to rely on. Hook 'em up and give them a try; it's a reliable strategy.

Jon Lane
Chane Music & Cinema
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 605 Old 09-20-2014, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Jon, my concern still stands. What exactly are you changing from the original Arx formula? Regardless of the outcome, as I have an A5 as a reference I can guess the end result of any changes you are making. Also when I bought the A5 I remember being told not to wait for this new version as the changes will be minor (just more headroom on the highs). Is it still the case? This is important for me as I need to match the A7 with the old A5 for a 5.1 system someday.
post #603 of 605 Old 09-20-2014, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post
What exactly are you changing from the original Arx formula?
Nothing from the formula. Updates actually get closer to our ideal for the models, although side by side they are still clearly from the same family - we cannot substantially alter their sonic signature.

Quote:
When I bought the A5 I remember being told not to wait for this new version as the changes will be minor (just more headroom on the highs). Is it still the case?
It largely is.
BufordTJustice likes this.

Jon Lane
Chane Music & Cinema
post #604 of 605 Old 09-26-2014, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I hope I got the effect close to the original inspiration:

Painting Speakers
post #605 of 605 Old Today, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Anyone interested in a local buy of two chane arxA3rxc's and an arxA2rxc? They are the newest versions and only a couple months old. I am in Chicago, so it would be a local deal. I got dolby atmos speakers that are smaller and am hating having to get rid of the arx. However, I needed speakers that fit my current living situation. They are in perfect condition, and the price is negotiable.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page