**The Official Chane M&C 'Arx' owner's thread (A1, A1b, A2, A2b, A3, A5, etc.)** - Page 31 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 189Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #901 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 08:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Squirrel!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Weird klatwork, What AVR are you running again? I used classical @ reference level for hours on end in the MBR while working in the office. I was breaking in the MartinLogan Dynamo sub also, as both are new, and on my Denon I can set the bass to be both the sub AND the main speakers - essentially 'doubling' the bass. This really got the woofers and sub broken in nicely.

The planar is just excellent and believe it or not, if they follow how my MartinLogan planars (Preface/Encore TF) settled in, will settle into such a rich, pure sound, you'll think you are listening to electrostats, they really are that good.

I can't imagine the A5rx-c not following suit, but can believe they would take 70-100 hours to really settle in and honestly don't think that is unreasonable to expect.
Squirrel! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #902 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 08:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Squirrel!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Yes ousooner, different strokes for different folks!

Well, they discontinued the R5Ti model so I would hope the 55's have upgraded parts. As I said before, they are excellent speakers for the money. And I agree, the Chanes are almost (not quite) twice the price, HOWEVER, the price of admission is well worth it when you consider they are a more substantial product, using tech that really belongs in 1g/ea. speakers, and that likely will leave you feeling like 'WOW!' and you are looking for any chance you can to get a listening session, well my friend, to me, that more than justifies the added cost.
BufordTJustice and philmike21 like this.
Squirrel! is offline  
post #903 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 10:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 13
i'm using the Denon x4100w ..at 50 hours...it's still not as open as the a1rx-c...probably need more time...
on classical music, it's sounding like I'm at a concert hall...on normal crappy pop recordings, it's not doing the magic like the a1rx-cs are doing...it doesn't sound as open and clear...it sounds really recessed and dull..

the planars on the chanes are stellar...anything that comes out of the tweeters are detailed, smooth and refined..
pleasure to the ears..dome tweeters are no match for them...

Last edited by klatwork; 04-28-2015 at 10:25 AM.
klatwork is offline  
post #904 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 10:38 AM
Senior Member
 
kaiforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatwork View Post
i'm using the Denon x4100w ..at 50 hours...it's still not as open as the a1rx-c...probably need more time...
on classical music, it's sounding like I'm at a concert hall...on normal crappy pop recordings, it's not doing the magic like the a1rx-cs are doing...it doesn't sound as open and clear...it sounds really recessed and dull..

the planars on the chanes are stellar...anything that comes out of the tweeters are detailed, smooth and refined..
pleasure to the ears..dome tweeters are no match for them...
I've always wondered how Beryllium Dome Tweeter's sound.... Maybe one day....
kaiforce is offline  
post #905 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiforce View Post
I've always wondered how Beryllium Dome Tweeter's sound.... Maybe one day....
I've seen your A5 video on youtube...do you have the new A5rx-c...wonder how they sound in comparison
klatwork is offline  
post #906 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 12:01 PM
Senior Member
 
kaiforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatwork View Post
I've seen your A5 video on youtube...do you have the new A5rx-c...wonder how they sound in comparison
I do not. I am very happy with the 1st gen A5's, and I would probably take quite a loss trying to sell them and buying the new models. I have 3 for my front sound stage, so I will probably keep it that way. I've gotten into subwoofers recently, so I don't plan to upgrade speakers any time soon
BufordTJustice likes this.
kaiforce is offline  
post #907 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 04:33 PM
Member
 
scotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiforce View Post
I do not. I am very happy with the 1st gen A5's, and I would probably take quite a loss trying to sell them and buying the new models. I have 3 for my front sound stage, so I will probably keep it that way. I've gotten into subwoofers recently, so I don't plan to upgrade speakers any time soon
Did Chane every produce anything for surrounds? I poked around their site and didn't see anything, their forum doesn't a ton of activity.
scotter is offline  
post #908 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 04:37 PM
Senior Member
 
kaiforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotter View Post
Did Chane every produce anything for surrounds? I poked around their site and didn't see anything, their forum doesn't a ton of activity.
Only bookshelves, MTM's and towers. The bookshelves work well on the popular pinpoint mounts if you were thinking of mounting them on a wall.
BufordTJustice likes this.
kaiforce is offline  
post #909 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,589
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 243
I'll very likely be ordering a pair of A1rx-c for side surrounds after I post my review of the A3's. How many people can say they have planar surrounds? It's a good day to be an audio geek. Or should I say, Audio Insider
Squirrel! likes this.
Soulburner is offline  
post #910 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 04:53 PM
Member
 
scotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiforce View Post
Only bookshelves, MTM's and towers. The bookshelves work well on the popular pinpoint mounts if you were thinking of mounting them on a wall.

Getting back to my basement project this spring after a long time off. Planning some final structural/wiring concerns and want to get an idea of what I am going to go with speaker-wise. Frankly, not super interested in spending a ton of money (who is) but want something that can be engaging.

Been looking at the Wharfedale products (very inexpensive, which is somewhat worrying - but the reviews are solid), Def Tech (mix of bookshelves and in-walls), and perhaps Chane. Just was hoping for something smaller for the sides and/or rears (wire for 7.1 but probably start at 5.1).

A2rx-c across the front
A1rx-c sides/rear
SVS/HSU/whomever for sub.

One issue is that I am putting in built-ins across the front (more of a shelf across the bottom as a platform for gear and speakers) and the height/depth can be altered to fit the speakers (TV on wall, drop drown screen for the future) - so I would like to have a rough idea of what I would be buying. Additionally, the A1s protruding into the space seems bothersome. Wharfedale (and others) offer surrounds that are relatively thin on the wall). I debated in-walls, but that seems so permanent and would be hard to change (obvs).

Perhaps angling A1s from the corner of the wall/ceiling down would give more clearance for people walking around, etc?
scotter is offline  
post #911 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Senior Member
 
kaiforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotter View Post
Getting back to my basement project this spring after a long time off. Planning some final structural/wiring concerns and want to get an idea of what I am going to go with speaker-wise. Frankly, not super interested in spending a ton of money (who is) but want something that can be engaging.

Been looking at the Wharfedale products (very inexpensive, which is somewhat worrying - but the reviews are solid), Def Tech (mix of bookshelves and in-walls), and perhaps Chane. Just was hoping for something smaller for the sides and/or rears (wire for 7.1 but probably start at 5.1).

A2rx-c across the front
A1rx-c sides/rear
SVS/HSU/whomever for sub.

One issue is that I am putting in built-ins across the front (more of a shelf across the bottom as a platform for gear and speakers) and the height/depth can be altered to fit the speakers (TV on wall, drop drown screen for the future) - so I would like to have a rough idea of what I would be buying. Additionally, the A1s protruding into the space seems bothersome. Wharfedale (and others) offer surrounds that are relatively thin on the wall). I debated in-walls, but that seems so permanent and would be hard to change (obvs).

Perhaps angling A1s from the corner of the wall/ceiling down would give more clearance for people walking around, etc?
Yes, take a look at this post:

Mounting ARX A1 to the wall.
kaiforce is offline  
post #912 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,589
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Hey scotter,

I get the feeling that you're wanting a clean look to your room. I can understand that, but let me be the first to suggest that to extract everything from the speakers you purchase, that you not enclose them. They should be out from the rear wall by at least 1.5 feet and away from side walls if possible. If that is just not possible, they'll still sound good but will suffer from some SBIR.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Chanes, which you won't beat unless you spend more money. In my experience though you'll definitely want good room correction. I'm using Audyssey XT32 and it made such a big improvement that I would not listen to these speakers without it. YMMV
BufordTJustice likes this.
Soulburner is offline  
post #913 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
BufordTJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatwork View Post
i'm using the Denon x4100w ..at 50 hours...it's still not as open as the a1rx-c...probably need more time...
on classical music, it's sounding like I'm at a concert hall...on normal crappy pop recordings, it's not doing the magic like the a1rx-cs are doing...it doesn't sound as open and clear...it sounds really recessed and dull..

the planars on the chanes are stellar...anything that comes out of the tweeters are detailed, smooth and refined..
pleasure to the ears..dome tweeters are no match for them...
That stands to reason. More drivers at a relatively equal system volume means less wattage to each driver.

Arcam AVR300, Panny BDT-500, Toshiba SD-9200 CD transport, Vizio XVT 55" LED/LCD (full direct-backlit w/ local dimming), Arx A5 & A3rx-c Mains, Arx A2rx-c center, HSU VTF-15h, BJC ten white w/ ultrasonically welded connectors.
BufordTJustice is offline  
post #914 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 05:21 PM
Member
 
scotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiforce View Post
Yes, take a look at this post:

Mounting ARX A1 to the wall.
That looks good. I might have to cut a box up and make a model to hold up. I came across that mount in another thread.
scotter is offline  
post #915 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 05:35 PM
Member
 
scotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Hey scotter,

I get the feeling that you're wanting a clean look to your room. I can understand that, but let me be the first to suggest that to extract everything from the speakers you purchase, that you not enclose them. They should be out from the rear wall by at least 1.5 feet and away from side walls if possible. If that is just not possible, they'll still sound good but will suffer from some SBIR.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Chanes, which you won't beat unless you spend more money. In my experience though you'll definitely want good room correction. I'm using Audyssey XT32 and it made such a big improvement that I would not listen to these speakers without it. YMMV
Thanks.

Do know how much the surrounds would be affected by the port plug?

For the LCR, the built in is more of a permanent media stand across the front stage (14' across and 18' deep?). The only thing on the top deck would be the speakers. Below, drawers for media, etc. I think I can give the LCR some room to breath off the back wall and sides (and the corners to turn in).

Ceiling height is low (old home) and that's my concern for the sides (the rears if i go that way would prop be ok). Don't want knocking heads.

Seriously contemplating dropping in some Def Tech ceilings for atmos/dtsx - they got some small ones on eBay for cheap. Would match the can lights I added. Maybe two of them. I have a feeling when I am done I am done (wiring, painting, patching) so I might as well run the wire before the drywall goes up.
scotter is offline  
post #916 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 05:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
That stands to reason. More drivers at a relatively equal system volume means less wattage to each driver.
meaning it will get better with time or I'll need to get something like a 400 watt amp if I want them to sound as clear and open as the A1?
klatwork is offline  
post #917 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 06:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Squirrel!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
How many people can say they have planar surrounds? It's a good day to be an audio geek. Or should I say, Audio Insider
Being in the minority, I can say having planers all around (in my MartinLogan setup which is 4.2) is indeed a beautiful thing...

I too would like some for surrounds in the MBR (4.1 setup...can you tell I am not a fan of center speakers? ) but alas, there just is no room.
Squirrel! is offline  
post #918 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 06:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Squirrel!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatwork View Post
meaning it will get better with time or I'll need to get something like a 400 watt amp if I want them to sound as clear and open as the A1?
The former...will take longer as I alluded it might in another post somewhere here.

Last edited by Squirrel!; 04-28-2015 at 09:42 PM.
Squirrel! is offline  
post #919 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,589
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel! View Post
The former...will take longer as I alluded it might in another post somewhere here.
But customers have only 30 days to decide if they're happy with them, which is a problem when you ask them to wait for over 100 hours...

I think the best way to alleviate this concern would be to increase the return period to 45 or 60 days. My .02
BufordTJustice likes this.

Last edited by Soulburner; 04-28-2015 at 07:45 PM.
Soulburner is offline  
post #920 of 1150 Old 04-28-2015, 09:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Squirrel!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Yes, the return period could be problematic for 100 hours. Personally, I wouldn't think that more than 70 would be necessary. And that is pushing it. I'd be willing to wager he is at the breaking point so to speak , in just a few more hours. He needs to rerun his room correction and he should be good to go.

Or he could be one of the few that just doesn't care for the sound. It happens.

Main: Mitsubishi 73734 DLP|Amazon Fire TV|Toshiba HD DVD-A35|Sony BDP-S1100|Denon AVR-4311CI|MartinLogan Preface|Phantom|MartinLogan Encore TF|2 - DIY Class G 540w 12" Subs|APC H15|Harmony 720 Remote|Linksys E3000 Dual Band N-Router|Linksys SE2500 Ethernet Switch

MBR: Vizio VF550M|Roku 2XS|Sony BDP-S1100|Denon AVR-X1000|Chane A1rx-c|Phantom|Dayton Audio SAT-BK|MartinLogan Dynamo 300|Belkin PureAV PF30|Harmony 550 Remote

Last edited by Squirrel!; 04-28-2015 at 09:44 PM.
Squirrel! is offline  
post #921 of 1150 Old 04-29-2015, 02:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,589
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 243
I feel that my A3rx-c are a bit over-boosted by Audyssey now. Turning it off, it's very obvious that they have opened up significantly. Buford is right - these speakers really do need at least 80 hours. I'll run it again at 100 hours and I expect a smaller boost than before (previous run was done at ~40 hours).
BufordTJustice likes this.
Soulburner is offline  
post #922 of 1150 Old 04-29-2015, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
BufordTJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatwork View Post
meaning it will get better with time or I'll need to get something like a 400 watt amp if I want them to sound as clear and open as the A1?
It'll get better with time. No arc welders need apply.

Arcam AVR300, Panny BDT-500, Toshiba SD-9200 CD transport, Vizio XVT 55" LED/LCD (full direct-backlit w/ local dimming), Arx A5 & A3rx-c Mains, Arx A2rx-c center, HSU VTF-15h, BJC ten white w/ ultrasonically welded connectors.
BufordTJustice is offline  
post #923 of 1150 Old 04-29-2015, 08:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
It'll get better with time. No arc welders need apply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
I feel that my A3rx-c are a bit over-boosted by Audyssey now. Turning it off, it's very obvious that they have opened up significantly. Buford is right - these speakers really do need at least 80 hours. I'll run it again at 100 hours and I expect a smaller boost than before (previous run was done at ~40 hours).

good ...now i know what to expect.. 100 hours on the a3/a5rx-c...
I got a little impatient at 50 hours because it took that long for the a1rx to sound good...

Classical music sounds good on these even when they are not fully broken in..
BufordTJustice likes this.
klatwork is offline  
post #924 of 1150 Old 04-29-2015, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
BufordTJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatwork View Post
good ...now i know what to expect.. 100 hours on the a3/a5rx-c...
I got a little impatient at 50 hours because it took that long for the a1rx to sound good...

Classical music sounds good on these even when they are not fully broken in..
Yeah, the quick transients of percussive jazz and rock really come alive after the break in. Also, the sound stage grows in width and depth.

Arcam AVR300, Panny BDT-500, Toshiba SD-9200 CD transport, Vizio XVT 55" LED/LCD (full direct-backlit w/ local dimming), Arx A5 & A3rx-c Mains, Arx A2rx-c center, HSU VTF-15h, BJC ten white w/ ultrasonically welded connectors.
BufordTJustice is offline  
post #925 of 1150 Old 04-29-2015, 10:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
Yeah, the quick transients of percussive jazz and rock really come alive after the break in. Also, the sound stage grows in width and depth.
your A5rx-c broken in yet? How do they compare with the A5s?
klatwork is offline  
post #926 of 1150 Old 04-29-2015, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
BufordTJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatwork View Post
your A5rx-c broken in yet? How do they compare with the A5s?
I actually haven't picked them up yet. Been super busy with a promotion at work and some out of state training for my new position. I haven't had a chance to meet Jon to pick them up. We're geographically not that far away, so it makes no sense to ship them. Wasted money.

So, ironically, I don't have the final pair. Lol.
Squirrel! likes this.

Arcam AVR300, Panny BDT-500, Toshiba SD-9200 CD transport, Vizio XVT 55" LED/LCD (full direct-backlit w/ local dimming), Arx A5 & A3rx-c Mains, Arx A2rx-c center, HSU VTF-15h, BJC ten white w/ ultrasonically welded connectors.
BufordTJustice is offline  
post #927 of 1150 Old 04-30-2015, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,589
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Has anyone else had a hard time getting their AVR/Audyssey to set their crossover for these speakers where it should be? Specifically, my A3rx-c is capable of 85db @ 40Hz, yet it keeps setting my crossover at 90hz. The problem is, I can't lower it to say, 80 because I'd end up with an uncorrected range between 80-90. My AVR has no problem setting other speakers like Infinity Primus and EMP Impressions at 60Hz in the same location.
Soulburner is offline  
post #928 of 1150 Old 04-30-2015, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
TornadoTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,901
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 146
On a lot of receivers this can be overcome by setting the speaker type to THX. THX forces the 80hz crossover point.
BufordTJustice likes this.
TornadoTJ is offline  
post #929 of 1150 Old 04-30-2015, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
BufordTJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Has anyone else had a hard time getting their AVR/Audyssey to set their crossover for these speakers where it should be? Specifically, my A3rx-c is capable of 85db @ 40Hz, yet it keeps setting my crossover at 90hz. The problem is, I can't lower it to say, 80 because I'd end up with an uncorrected range between 80-90. My AVR has no problem setting other speakers like Infinity Primus and EMP Impressions at 60Hz in the same location.
A quick question about your break-in (and, not that it matters at this point): are you running the A3rx-c's full range during break in or are you running them crossed over? Just curious.

Also, do you prefer listening grilles-on or off?

Arcam AVR300, Panny BDT-500, Toshiba SD-9200 CD transport, Vizio XVT 55" LED/LCD (full direct-backlit w/ local dimming), Arx A5 & A3rx-c Mains, Arx A2rx-c center, HSU VTF-15h, BJC ten white w/ ultrasonically welded connectors.

Last edited by BufordTJustice; 04-30-2015 at 12:22 PM.
BufordTJustice is offline  
post #930 of 1150 Old 04-30-2015, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,589
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Full range, no sub, 100 hours.

I don't know if I have a preference yet for grills on or off. I actually have one on and one off right now.
BufordTJustice and Bertram31 like this.
Soulburner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off