Is there a receiver which can make rear speakers be front speakers with a touch of a button? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-14-2012, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In a spacious area set up with front, center and rear speakers... is there a receiver which can play Audio CD music through both front and rear speakers with just a touch of a button, rather than using just fronts. Or failing that, is there a receiver which can select which speakers are used as fronts and which speakers used as rears?

That way if you wanted to temporarily play an Audio CD on the opposite wall of where the front speakers are... you could.

EDIT: Solution:
Quote:
Originally Posted by c627627 View Post

All I want is to sometimes switch *on* the rear speakers to play stereo on both fronts & rears. Sounds like a receiver with 5 channel stereo is exactly what I am looking for.
I am trying to do that using this receiver: Pioneer VSX-521-K 5.1 http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-521-K
Owner's Manual for it is here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/VSX-521-k_OperatingInstructions020711.pdf
P.S. Can this be done without weird affects? Just plain 2 Channel music on all four speakers?
YES!
Turn On All 5 Speakers when listening to 2-Channel Stereo Music: Press ADV SURR on remote to get to EXT. STEREO setting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-14-2012, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
you can easily swap front to back and back to front. But playing both together might be a problem

I have Marantz 7005, and I sometimes connect towers to main channel and surrounds to Front B channel. Using remote can quickly change from A to B and back to A. It will also play A+ B, but has issues
post #3 of 5 Old 09-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 33
Most modern receivers have a five-channel or seven-channel stereo mode that treat all speakers as main speakers. That may meet your needs.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-14-2012, 10:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 383
5 channel stereo will do the trick for you. The front two speakers and the surrounds will play the same thing. The center will be a mix of the stereo channels.

if you actually want to switch the fronts and backs you'll have to switch the speaker wires. better get banana plugs to make the switch easy.

What receiver do you have?

Afro GT
post #5 of 5 Old 10-01-2012, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

All I want is to sometimes switch *on* the rear speakers to play stereo on both fronts & rears. Sounds like a receiver with 5 channel stereo is exactly what I am looking for.

I am trying to do that using this receiver: Pioneer VSX-521-K 5.1 http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-521-K
Owner's Manual for it is here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/VSX-521-k_OperatingInstructions020711.pdf

P.S. Can this be done without weird affects? Just plain 2 Channel music on all four speakers?

YES!

Turn On All 5 Speakers when listening to 2-Channel Stereo Music: Press ADV SURR on remote to get to EXT. STEREO setting.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page