Audyssey MultiEQ - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-14-2012, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So I have a denon 1612 and I was looking at the manual EQ options. As far as I know multiEQ should EQ the sub correct? But while I can manually adjust the EQ settings for each speaker, I can't for the sub. And the lowest adjustable frequency on the speakers is 63hz. So my question is, does multEQ just not allow me to adjust the sub but it is still performing the EQ? Do I need need a higher version of audyssey to get this function or am I just missing something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 65
It has been a while since I dealt with MultEQ. What I did with my subs is just use an SPL meter to manually set the sub output volume to around 78dB. That way, I could just run Audyssey once instead of having to tweak the sub then run again. If your sub doesn't have its own gain adjustment then you are stuck with Direct Mode. I don't think Direct Mode allows adjustment of the cutoff frequency.

Your sub should be EQed as long is it is showing up correctly in the speaker configuration menu. There should be a menu option to check your Audyssey settings. Speaker Setup should be where you can change the gain on your sub and speakers.

I'm currently using Audyssey MultEQ XT32 with SubEQ which allows full control over the subs without the need for an SPL meter.

HD-DVD = 94
Blu-Ray = 120 ( 24 Warner red2blu )