B&W FPM6 vs Klipsch G28 for speaker upgrade - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-15-2012, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We've decided to to upgrade our home theater by mounting the Pansonic 65" plasma on the wall and at the same time swap out the B&W CM4s and CMC with new speakers. I would like to keep the budget under $3k, including FP wall mount and any new cables and spaker mounting hardware. I've been trying to find pricing on the B&W FPM6s (3), but haven't had much luck as all of the AV brick and mortars are closed until Monday.I have also been looking at the Klipsch G28s (3) and they seem to be within budget. Any comments on either of these two systems

Additional info:. The AVR is a Denon 3805 and the room is 16x28 with a large opening along one wall next to the home theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-05-2012, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I'm on the same boat, still trying to find a good on wall speaker set, cant believe how hard it has been so far :P

One comment about the Klipsch: audition them! Klipsch uses compression/horn tweeters, and some people find them harsh, even tiresome.

Other sets you might like to take a look at:
Paradigm Millenia or Cinema
Atlantic Tech FS-3200, they have dedicated Center channel with different tweeter position
Definitive Tech Mythos line (MSRP higher than it should be?)
Definitive Tech XTR: slim (1.5") but like all slim speakers, bass is not their strength (100Hz crossover)
KEF KHT line (MSRP is high tho...) 9000s are kind of wide at 9.8" so they are harder to place than others in this list (avg ~5"W)

Cheaper options:
KEF T305 system - slim (1.4"), small, nice sound but no bass (120Hz crossover)
Axiom M22 on-wall: only complain I have find is they sound metallic, cold. Plus is they offer custom finishes to match your room/furniture.

Hope this helps smile.gif
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Gallery G 28 Flat Panel Speaker 1

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page