Need Help with Speaker Placement for new House!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-16-2012, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 594
My wife and I are hoping to get approved tomorrow to buy a new house. I've spoken with the construction people, and they've agreed to include pre-wiring for 8 speakers wherever I want to place them. I am in the works trying to get them to pre-wire for Cat6 ethernet cables as well, but I won't know about that until we get approved.

I currently have a 7.1 set up, but I am thinking of selling everything and buying everything new. I was thinking of having the pre-wire 12 gauge cable in the roof area. I was thinking of buying small speakers such as Bose and mounting them on the ceiling/roof that way my kids will not be able to continue dropping my speakers off the stands lol.

However, I was just going to have them pre-wire the speakers just like a rectangle type of way such as a speaker in each corner, but now I am questioning myself if that will be the best thing to do. So, I am wondering if anyone who has done this before can give me some advise.

I've included a floor plan of the house, and the RED LINE with HDTV is were the 50" Plasma HDTV will be placed on the wall. Thank for any input!!!

House-1.gif

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Theater Set Up:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page