difference in quality between paradigm atom v3 and v7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-18-2012, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

Im looking at purchasing a set of 2 atom paradigm speakers v7. They are going for at 400$ new.

I saw used ones online v3 atom (2004) going for 150$ for the pair. Physically the boxes are in perfect condition and used about 40 hours

Is it worth investing in brand new Ones ?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 07:23 PM

First off, I'll say up front I haven't heard the v7 Atoms. But, I do still own the v3's, though they are no longer in use. They were replaced by a well-known ID brand around here that still cost under $400 and they absolutely crush the Atoms - no contest. Plus these have also had an upgrade to a second gen with little or no price increase.

There is no way I'd pay $400 for a pair of Atoms. Personally, I would think long and hard about spending $150 on a used v3 pair because I paid only slightly more than that when new (around $180-$200?).

My .02 - your mileage may vary.

Hearing is believing vs Believing is hearing.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:01 AM

I've had both. The V7 are bigger and a nice upgrade. Much nice looking speakers too. (If you're not using a sub and could go bigger, I'd probably go to the mini monitor (used or new). If you could spend more $, I'd look on Audiogon for a pair of used Totems.) As for the Atom's, if this is a system you're really using, the upgrade is well worth it as your talking years of tech. upgrades. The V3 are old speakers. Two last tips. Check out TSTO.com as they had a used pair of V7 for $259 for a while on their site. Amazon had V6 for months at $249. I'm sure more will come arrive in time. Also, check out the stereophile article comparing V3 to V6. This will give you some idea but the V7 are an upgrade from V6. Anyway, enjoy!