Could I switch front and surround speakers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-22-2012, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
In an inexpensive 5.1 speaker setup from an HTIB I wish to put the small speakers (designed as surround) near my tv as front and use the tower speakers (designed as front) as rear surround. Would that screw up my sound and not work well or would it be ok to do?

Please see attached images with specs. I am assuming the answer is no because the wattage is different.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
can you do it? sure.
will it screw up your sound? maybe, but they're both 2.5 inch cones, so mabye not.
power difference? looks like the system is sending 60 watts to both.
the difference in wattage looks like what the speakers can handle, max, with 10% THD eek.gif but that's not what they're actually getting. They're getting 60 watts to both fronts and surrounds. (maybe)
If you keep the volume moderate, you shouldn't fry anything, if that's your worry. Give it a try , and judge the 'lesser sound quality' for yourself. Personally, I cant see it improving anything. If you must have smaller fronts... it wont cost anything to try it out.

Just from those specs... it doesn't look like you're getting huge sound anyway. If you're happy with it, that's really all that matters... just don't ever listen to better, and you'll never feel like they're lacking.

If you want a really good one, you'll have to learn a foreign language. german, for instance...
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page