Kef Q or Klipsch Reference - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-23-2012, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I have read several threads on thoughts between the above mentioned but still would like a hand in deciding which speakers are best for the money.

I used to have Aperion Verus Forte Center and Bookshelves along with Aperion Intimus 4BP surrounds and felt they were pretty decent speakers but before the 30 day trial ended up I returned them and moved on to Klipsch. Reason I did that was that I wanted to hear the difference between silk dome versus aluminum/titanium tweeters and I like the latter more.

Now I am auditioning Klipsch RB-61 II Reference Bookshelves, RC-62 II Reference Center and RS-42 II surrounds. I feel that they are much better sounding than the Aperions and I do like them except that they are really huge speakers. Not a deal breaker since I enjoy them but while I still have these under trial I am still seeing what else is out there which brings me to Kef.

For about $300 more I can get the Kef Q100 Bookshelves, Q600 Center and Q800 Dipole surrounds. I have heard many great things about Kef but before I decide to do anything I am hoping someone will tell me that I should just stand pat or pack everything up and grab the Kef's.

I know it will come down to what I personally like the best after listening to all but I will have more comfort by hearing from those who own these speakers or have had any experience with them.

I will use for 40% movies and 30% each for gaming and music . I have an SVS SB-12 sub and love it so I am good there and my receiver is Pioneer Elite Vsx 52.

I have read on here that if I mainly use for movies that I should stick with Klipsch whereas Kef is better for music. Is there any truth to that?

Any advice or information is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-24-2012, 03:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's really your choice. I made the mistake of buying speakers because of a suggestion and ended up hating them. Audition the KEFs and see if you like them more. I'm not a Klipsch fan and have owned KEF in the past but that's irrelevant because a fan of Klipsch would have a different opinion. It's all up to your ears. Good luck and have fun. Buying speakers is like Xmas all over again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page