Paradigm Monitor Series 7 - Very disappointed - serious quality control issues and manufacturing flaws - non-responsive customer service - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 09-29-2012, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Honestly, you may just have that bad of luck. Sorry.

I bought a pair of Monitor 9 Series 7 speakers a week after they were available. Absolutely no issues, flaws, cosmetic imperfections. I loved the clean look of them over my old version 6 Monitors.

Since then I have bought a Center 3, upgraded to Monitor 11's, bought (2) Monitor SUB 10's, upgraded those to Monitor SUB 12's, and then added Surround 3's over the summer. Never had a single issue.

Again, sorry about your luck and hope you get it taken care of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 09-29-2012, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictaudio View Post

do not think that the flaws/blemishes in the two sets of speakers that I have received are isolated issues, and must be widespread

Completely disagree with that statement. I know my dealer, who keeps stock of and sells primarily Paradigm speakers, has had no quality control issues with the Series 7 Monitor line of speakers since they were released.

Maybe there was a bad run/batch of speakers on the assembly line....but I have seen no evidence that points at this being a "widespread" issue. Making an assumptive statement like that isn't fair to people who come onto these forums looking for advice/opinions, as they might read that statement and take it at face value. Not diminishing your experience, and by all means share it with whoever wants an opinion before buying...but be careful generalizing your problems as problems that affect everyone who has bought these speakers.
post #33 of 38 Old 09-29-2012, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post

Honestly, you may just have that bad of luck. Sorry.
I bought a pair of Monitor 9 Series 7 speakers a week after they were available. Absolutely no issues, flaws, cosmetic imperfections. I loved the clean look of them over my old version 6 Monitors.
Since then I have bought a Center 3, upgraded to Monitor 11's, bought (2) Monitor SUB 10's, upgraded those to Monitor SUB 12's, and then added Surround 3's over the summer. Never had a single issue.
Again, sorry about your luck and hope you get it taken care of.

Been reading your threads and upgrading to the Signatures:) Your new set-up looks awesome. Congrats. Who knows, the issues might have started after a certain run and series of serial numbers. All that I can tell you is that up to this time, the speakers that I have received would be sold by any other manufacturer as "B" stock or "scratch and dent" merchandise. They are either not inspecting each speaker prior to purchase, or just letting these issues pass and shipping them either way, hoping that the end user will not notice or care. My previous Polk RTI set-up from 2003 had non of these issues. And even to this day, the surrounds on the drivers have the same color and suppleness as they did from day one.
post #34 of 38 Old 09-29-2012, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Been reading your threads and upgrading to the Signatures:) Your new set-up looks awesome. Congrats. Who knows, the issues might have started after a certain run and series of serial numbers. All that I can tell you is that up to this time, the speakers that I have received would be sold by any other manufacturer as "B" stock or "scratch and dent" merchandise. They are either not inspecting each speaker prior to purchase, or just letting these issues pass and shipping them either way, hoping that the end user will not notice or care. My previous Polk RTI set-up from 2003 had non of these issues. And even to this day, the surrounds on the drivers have the same color and suppleness as they did from day one.

Thanks!

I am by no means diminishing your problems/complaint. I believe you and your validity, and again feel sorry for you because I know how frustrating it can. But I can also tell you that the speakers you have been receiving are no where near the normal respresentation of what the Series 7's are. Again, all I can think of is a bad batch that slipped past quality control somehow (and really bad luck of receiving this batch twice). But I know your current experience is not the normal for this line of speakers from Paradigm, which is unfortunate mad.gif
post #35 of 38 Old 09-29-2012, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Completely disagree with that statement. I know my dealer, who keeps stock of and sells primarily Paradigm speakers, has had no quality control issues with the Series 7 Monitor line of speakers since they were released.
Maybe there was a bad run/batch of speakers on the assembly line....but I have seen no evidence that points at this being a "widespread" issue. Making an assumptive statement like that isn't fair to people who come onto these forums looking for advice/opinions, as they might read that statement and take it at face value. Not diminishing your experience, and by all means share it with whoever wants an opinion before buying...but be careful generalizing your problems as problems that affect everyone who has bought these speakers.

As mentioned, that is my opinion and belief, based upon TWO complete set of speakers (10 speakers in total) that I have received within two months apart. Serial numbers were not close to one another. My belief is due to the issues not only being isolated to one component of the speaker, but several. Of course you are entitled to your own opinion and beliefs. Readers can take my experience and use common sense to make their own decision. Just look at the pictures from both threads. I will say that on the second set of speakers, the driver surrounds looked much better, but they had other issues (per the pictures on this thread) that the first set did not have. Hence my conclusion based upon my experience for the lack of quality control and inspection prior to shipping, and the continuing to ship merchandise that in no way should be classified as "A" stock.
post #36 of 38 Old 09-29-2012, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks!
I am by no means diminishing your problems/complaint. I believe you and your validity, and again feel sorry for you because I know how frustrating it can. But I can also tell you that the speakers you have been receiving are no where near the normal respresentation of what the Series 7's are. Again, all I can think of is a bad batch that slipped past quality control somehow (and really bad luck of receiving this batch twice). But I know your current experience is not the normal for this line of speakers from Paradigm, which is unfortunate mad.gif

The disappointment as well is due to the lack of caring or response/explanation from Paradigm to these issues. I have been contacted by no one from upper management. This is not a very good representation or taking the issue at heart. I am still dealing with the technical department or social medial department. When issues like these come up, they have to be brought up to upper management so they can intervene and rectify the issue in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the consumer. I know that in my business, I go out of the way to please my customers. What sets one business from another, is how they handle issues after the sale.
post #37 of 38 Old 09-29-2012, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

As mentioned, that is my opinion and belief, based upon TWO complete set of speakers (10 speakers in total) that I have received within two months apart. Serial numbers were not close to one another. My belief is due to the issues not only being isolated to one component of the speaker, but several. Of course you are entitled to your own opinion and beliefs. Readers can take my experience and use common sense to make their own decision. Just look at the pictures from both threads. I will say that on the second set of speakers, the driver surrounds looked much better, but they had other issues (per the pictures on this thread) that the first set did not have. Hence my conclusion based upon my experience for the lack of quality control and inspection prior to shipping, and the continuing to ship merchandise that in no way should be classified as "A" stock.

I understand that is your belief based on your experience. But two negative experiences by one person does not outweigh hundreds of positive ones. Hence why it doesn't make sense for you to openly say it is a "widespread" problem based off of your very limited data. Just trying to be reasonable about it. That's all.
post #38 of 38 Old 09-29-2012, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 79
if you paid with a bank/credit card, they may be able to help...
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page