Bose Acoustimass 10 with Pioneer VSX-1022-k Speaker Settings - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 130 Old 10-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Member
 
dat56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post


It is a well known fact that people who buy speakers from a B&M stores are ignorant and gullible. Like I said before there are 2 main categories of Bose owners. Both are ignorant and gullible



Thanks! You're too kind.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat56 View Post

Thermal power ratings are meaningless, as are all of the so-called specs that Amar does deign to reveal. The output of a driver is limited by the driver's displacement, T/S spec Vd. In the case of the Bose cubes even crossed over at 200Hz they're displacement limited to about ten watts before they reach their excursion limit. Being generous they might be capable of 95dB at 1 meter, with zero headroom. That's a long way from reference.
This is another example of your not having the necessary knowledge to teach anything, nor the willingness to learn anything. That pretty much personifies the definition of an internet troll.


Who said anything about "reference"? Not me. I'm getting tired of defending things I haven't even said...so I think I won't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

If I can get a pair of Klipsch RF82's for $1200 (a lot less if I go with sound distributors) but if I still buy the Bose 901 junk for some $1400, I ought to be ignorant and gullible. Or how about the Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand for $1500 a pair. There are so many options at $1400 (both small and large) that are so much better value for the money than the 901 junk at $1400.

I dont have a problem if the 901's are sold for some $400.

BTW did you notice the image in my avatar. They are the Klipsch KG3.2's which I refinished. I also made the stands myself (just MDF and 2x4's and some paint from Home Depot). I only spent a couple of 100 bucks. You cant buy bookshelf speakers that sound better than those for that price. Now that is what I call "value for the money".

They are probably as wide and as tall as the 901 junk (with the stands). So the size argument is not going to fly.


I honestly don't know what you're talking abou here. What argument? My 901's aren't for sale, and if you don't like them, that's fine. I do like the looks of your Klipsch, though. Looks like you did a nice job with them. I'm sure they sound real nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

Stop associating junk with a space shuttle. That is an insult to the entire Space Shuttle program as much as it is to compare the 901 junk to Magnepans and say that the 901's sound better.


Are you on drugs? Space shuttle? "901's sound better than Magenpans"? Where are you getting this stuff?
dat56 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 130 Old 10-08-2012, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mupi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat56 View Post


Are you on drugs? Space shuttle? "901's sound better than Magenpans"? Where are you getting this stuff?

See that image (from the 901 manual) I posted and read that review of Bose comparing Magnepans. Like I said, it is an insult to put the image of 901's side by side with the shuttle and it is also an insult to compare such a reputed, value brand like Magnepan to Bose junk.

When I said I dont have a problem if the 901's are sold for $400, I meant MSRP of $400 instead of some $1400. No one is talking about you selling your 901's. You can keep them hanging from the ceiling and enjoy its great sound. LOL

Yes you must be really tired of defending Bose because they are over priced under performing junk targeted towards ignorant and gullible people. You are not going to be able to promote/defend that junk here as people here are well informed.

I guess there was a link posted at the very beginning of this thread that gave a long list of speakers that are much better value that Bose junk. I guess that list should be blown up and posted at the parking lots of BestBuy, Target and other B&M stores where Bose prays on the ignorant and gullible.
Mupi is offline  
post #123 of 130 Old 10-08-2012, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 2,454
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Discussion.Going.Nowhere...

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
Elihawk is offline  
post #124 of 130 Old 10-08-2012, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mupi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Feel free to unsubscribe
Mupi is offline  
post #125 of 130 Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,657
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

Feel free to unsubscribe

I agree.

I'm still hanging around waiting for dat56 to say something more meaningful than that he likes his 901s hanging from the ceiling, and that he likes his Bose Companion multimedia speakers: therefore Bose is a good company that makes good speakers rolleyes.gif

Me, I'm a sci-fi fan. I like many low budget B-movie sci-fi flicks, pulp grade sci-fi novels (even the cheap indie published ebook ones), and I like most cheesy TV sci-fi series and even many of the SyFy made-for-TV movies. That doesn't mean that most of them would seem any good to most people. One has to learn when ones particular tastes are not suitable to inflict on others. LOL

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is offline  
post #126 of 130 Old 10-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Member
 
dat56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, I give, Y'all win. You just keep accusing me of things I haven't done. You're so blinded by Bose hatred and bias that you still don't even seem to know what my only beef, originally, was. Or more likely, you just don't care. You're really a pathetic bunch. I've never once said Bose was better than anything. All I've said is that my 901's sound better IN MY ROOM than anything I've tried. That's MY experience, in MY room. I'm really sorry that you can't seem to wrap your narrow little minds around that concept.

I have not insulted your opinions and tastes, or your purchases, yet most of you have mine, repeatedly, from the beginning.

I've been told multiple times to go. Kind of reminds me of the old "Little Rascals" shorts, when the boys would have a clubhouse with a "no gurls alowed" sign. Maybe you should post that in the forum rules -- "No satisfied Bose owners, or positive experiences with Bose allowed".

I just came hear to talk about audio and music; to share my experience and to read of other's. Obviously, I came to the wrong place.
dat56 is offline  
post #127 of 130 Old 10-08-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,657
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat56 View Post

You're so blinded by Bose hatred and bias that you still don't even seem to know what my only beef, originally, was

I responded to your original statement early on in this thread. You just didn't like the answer. I'll quote myself again, "There's nothing wrong with suggesting there is much better value out there than any setup someone just bought." It's an accepted practice on AVS. And it doesn't happen with just Bose. And don't start up again just because I mentioned Bose. I reiterate. It is standard practice here that people will recommend different audio products, even if that's not what the OP asked. Happens all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat56 View Post

I just came hear to talk about audio and music; to share my experience and to read of other's. Obviously, I came to the wrong place.

Well, that's your fault. You haven't done anything but post about Bose since not long after you got here, even though I also warned you that "You are in the wrong place if you expect people here to start embracing Bose Acoustimass. It's not going to happen on AVS."

Either you can get over the fact that this is not a Bose friendly community or not. Meanwhile, the rest of us have been talking about other things and helping other people while this thread has been going on. Bose ends up being such a tiny, tiny part of the conversation on this website, and there are certainly other things to talk about. You might try that instead of venting your frustrations when you apparently knew what the reaction would be.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is offline  
post #128 of 130 Old 10-08-2012, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mupi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat56 View Post

I've never once said Bose was better than anything. All I've said is that my 901's sound better IN MY ROOM than anything I've tried. That's MY experience, in MY room.

Well how different is that than saying that Bose is better than other speakers you have heard?

This is pretty much my closing statement.

We have heard enough from you that Bose sounds better than anything you have heard including some reputed names like Advent, Khorn, Magnepan, B&W, RBH etc. That is just nonsense and you cannot be serious when you make such downright outrageous statements. I really doubt if you have owned such speakers. Have you really owned those speakers or you just know some speaker brands so that you can try to make an argument. Because no sensible person on this planet would try all those great speakers and end up liking and owning Bose junk.

When you make such statements, you do infuriate people here. While people here may have some bias towards certain brands, they do guide others in the proper direction so that people get good value for their money.

There is really no speaker brand on this planet that is such poor value for the money and there is also no speaker manufacturer on this planet that prays on ignorant and gullible people using deceptive marketing tactics as much as Bose does.

Don't pretend that you are being offended when I use the terms ignorant and gullible because you are not one of those genuinely ignorant Bose buyers i.e you dont fit into those 2 categories I would broadly classify Bose buyers. You are aware of other reputed speaker brands so that you can throw those names to make an argument and you are also aware of many audio jorgans so that you can again throw those terms to get into a technical argument. A typical Bose buyer knows nothing about other brands nor he or she knows anything about Frequency Response, Bass, Dynamics etc.

You are here with just one agenda i.e to promote Bose junk. Like I have said so many times, you are not going to be able to do it. No one here will take you seriously if you say that you have heard/owned many great speakers but ended up liking/owning Bose junk. Like I have also said, you are just wasting your time here.
Mupi is offline  
post #129 of 130 Old 01-08-2013, 02:37 AM
Newbie
 
tripletipple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have just read through this post and to some extent do not believe what I've read - it seems if you mention one favorable thing about Bose you will be lynched. I have never owned any Bose speakers and in fact have only occasionally heard them in action but was considering them for use in a smallish room with a TV where their compact dimensions would be good. I am aware of the hi-fi arguments and myself still prefer vinyl for 'proper' music listening, but the Bose system does fit well with my requirements, and I am also aware there are cheaper alternatives.
On the music quality issue I'm not sure I'm very qualified to pass judgement, but I do know many professional "classical" musicians who often seem to have Bose systems around and they seem happy with them.
Yeah, I know I'm an idiot, please don't tell me!
tripletipple is offline  
post #130 of 130 Old 01-08-2013, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MrEastSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletipple View Post

I have just read through this post and to some extent do not believe what I've read - it seems if you mention one favorable thing about Bose you will be lynched. I have never owned any Bose speakers and in fact have only occasionally heard them in action but was considering them for use in a smallish room with a TV where their compact dimensions would be good. I am aware of the hi-fi arguments and myself still prefer vinyl for 'proper' music listening, but the Bose system does fit well with my requirements, and I am also aware there are cheaper alternatives.
On the music quality issue I'm not sure I'm very qualified to pass judgement, but I do know many professional "classical" musicians who often seem to have Bose systems around and they seem happy with them.
Yeah, I know I'm an idiot, please don't tell me!

The biggest issue with Bose is their price. They sell a caliber of product that can be had from other companies for 1/3 of the price. If small is what you're after, that's all good and well. But look at other brands of satellite speakers. You'll get equal, if not better performance over Bose and for far cheaper. Not bashing, just trying to save people some money and get them an equally good product.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
MrEastSide is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1022 K 560w 7 Channel A V Receiver
Gear in this thread - 560w by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off