Did I get ripped off? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 09-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 53
The AVR will also adjust what it sends to the sub internally once you run the room correction software with the microphone

and this is where you can tell if you need to turn that knob up or down, based on what results Audyssey gives. If it sets your sub 'trim' levels very low, like -12. that tells you the gain knob is turned up too high (it's trying to turn it down)... if it goes very high, like +12. your setting is too low (it's trying to turn it up). You ideally want to see a setting between +3 to -3... 0 being spot on.

...what a long, strange trip its been.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 09-29-2012, 11:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iownyoujk View Post

Not a bad idea. I can't wait to set it all up and mess with it. How far should I turn the volume up on the back of the subwoofer?
Yea but I don't think he quite understood that it's value had went down quite a bit.
Good News: Got my money back.
Bad News: We probably won't be talking for a while, he still thinks I was trying to lowball him on the price. I honestly don't know where I would be if I had bought all of that from my uncle........

Show him the ebay prices for his equipment. He wont think you lowballed him then.

Afro GT
post #33 of 34 Old 09-30-2012, 12:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iownyoujk View Post

Not a bad idea. I can't wait to set it all up and mess with it. How far should I turn the volume up on the back of the subwoofer?

With the 1612, you would use Audyssey and let it determine the settings. The idea is to set the gain (volume) on the back of the sub such that Audyssey ends up with a sub channel level close to 0db. Sometimes you have to run it a few times, adjusting the gain until it gets there.

post #34 of 34 Old 09-30-2012, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post

Damn man, sounds like uncle stuck it to you there...
You can always donate it to a legitimate place, get a receipt, and then write it off on your taxes...

uh, no. Young guy, in college, etc. Standard deduction for sure therefore no writing off.

Mourning the disappearance of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page