Looking to match my SP-PK52FS with a center channel - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-30-2012, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys im looking for a little advice on a center channel speaker. I Bought the PIONEER SP-PK52FS speaker system (Minus the center channel and subwoofer) coupled with 2 of the BIC AMERICA F-12 subwoofers. The sounds is awesome but I now need to buy a center channel to complete my set up. I have my 50" tv mounted on the wall above my fire place which only leaves me 5-1/2 inches between the mantle and the bottom of my TV. My first thought was to go with a soundbar since they are skinny and throw good sound. But then i read that if they dont match to your speakers, it will sound bad. Can you guys point me in the direction of a good center channel speaker under 5-1/2 inches that will match good with my pioneer speakers? Thanks ahead of time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-30-2012, 05:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 413
The C22 is the best match for your FS-52 speakers but is 7 1/8" tall. Is is possible to raise your TV a couple of inches so you can fit that center in there?

If not I'd rather go with no center than a mismatched one, plenty of people run their AVR in phantom (no center) mode.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Home/Andrew%20SP-C22Single%20Sheet.pdf

Afro GT
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page