Need help? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-01-2012, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have been out of the loop for awhile and just bought a new house and have no room for a theatre. (what was I thinking) What are my options for 5.1 mini on wall systems or soundbars that I won't be disappointed with? Budget is 1000-1500. I was thinking of sticking with paradigm or trying a definitive mythos or 5 speaker mini system. Not sure of others?

I have the receiver and all my speakers and powered subs. Just no room for the large floorstanding fronts or rears. So I don't need an all in one boxed set only speakers needed.

I will try to read as much as I can on the site but with work I don't have much time to research as much as I would like. So getting it narrowed down to a couple few items would really help. I know nothing about soundbars and what they offer for sound but it looks about perfect for my room. Can I run one front and rear for better sound? I checked locally and they carry nothing that really impressed me so I am handcuffed with buying this blind online. relying on this thread for help.

This will be for movies only as I will have my floorstanding speakers hooked up in the bar for music.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate any help. With the cost of the house I can't afford a $1000 mistake with this one.

Jason

Oppo bdp-103, Marantz SR5004, Emotiva xpa-5, Paradigm monitor 9, Paradigm cc-290, Paradigm adp-390, Paradigm surround 3, SVS pb-2000, Monster HDP-1800, BenQ w1070, 92" reference 4k screen, Blue Jeans cable, Gik acoustic pannels.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page