Need in-wall LCRs for new basement theater - AVS Forum
Speakers > Need in-wall LCRs for new basement theater
patrcarl's Avatar patrcarl 03:51 PM 10-01-2012
I am finishing my basement, and building a multi-functional theater in the basement family room. I'm very budget conscious as the basement cost is going to be about double what we originally expected. I'm doing a front projector with a 92" screen, so the center will be below the screen. The wall behind the speakers is 20" thick brick, and the wall is fully insulated, so I'm not sure how necessary back-boxes will be.

I bought 4 of the Snell in-ceiling speakers for the surrounds which were recommended by zieglj01 and were a phenomenal deal - HERE.

I'd like to stay below $500 for the fronts, and have been recommended the following three:
- Atlantic Technology IWTS-7LCR
- Ethereal SPLCR1 Dual 6.5"
- MORDAUNT SHORT Aw153 Dual 5¼"

I'd greatly appreciate comments on these three options, as well as other budget recommendations to add to the list.

smasher50's Avatar smasher50 04:05 PM 10-01-2012
fwiw, just another suggestion to look at hsu hiw-1 horn loaded speakers highly efficent great for home theater
patrcarl's Avatar patrcarl 02:29 PM 10-02-2012
Thanks Smasher.

Any other comments on the three options I threw out, or any other budget recommendations from anyone??
ack_bk's Avatar ack_bk 03:30 PM 10-02-2012
Out of the three I would go with Atlantic Technology on your budget. Hard to beat for your budget.
Hookedonc4's Avatar Hookedonc4 05:26 PM 10-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrcarl View Post

I am finishing my basement, and building a multi-functional theater in the basement family room. I'm very budget conscious as the basement cost is going to be about double what we originally expected. I'm doing a front projector with a 92" screen, so the center will be below the screen. The wall behind the speakers is 20" thick brick, and the wall is fully insulated, so I'm not sure how necessary back-boxes will be.
I bought 4 of the Snell in-ceiling speakers for the surrounds which were recommended by zieglj01 and were a phenomenal deal - HERE.
I'd like to stay below $500 for the fronts, and have been recommended the following three:
- Atlantic Technology IWTS-7LCR
- Ethereal SPLCR1 Dual 6.5"
- MORDAUNT SHORT Aw153 Dual 5¼"
I'd greatly appreciate comments on these three options, as well as other budget recommendations to add to the list.

This might be your lucky day. I have a pair of C4-IW8P new in box $175. They are made by Atlantic Technology. You coud use IWTS 7 as center. Ship in US only...

Also have pair of C4-IC8P New $175...

PM if interested...
patrcarl's Avatar patrcarl 01:18 PM 10-05-2012
Audioholics also has this pair of Klipsch Open-Box for $250. Would these be better than the Atlantics?

Klipsch R-2650-W II ($250 for Open Box pair)

Atlantic Technology IWTS-7LCR ($156 each on Clearance)

Or, anything else I should consider?
patrcarl's Avatar patrcarl 02:10 PM 12-04-2012
Need to order these LCRs by the end of the week - does anyone have any further feedback on which of these might be best, or suggest any others?
Up
Mobile  Desktop