KEF LS50 Owners - Page 35 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1021 of 1029 Old 10-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Member
 
AUDIOgiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
Yes those R50 are very pricey, they look like they could fit on top of the LS50?

I tried installing them on the top, and was not happy with the result! I think on or in ceiling is a better solution Oh well

Did you just put them on top or did you try angling them up towards the ceiling?
AUDIOgiant is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1022 of 1029 Old 10-13-2014, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter
wse
AVS Special Member
 
wse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 6,977
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOgiant View Post
Did you just put them on top or did you try angling them up towards the ceiling?
I just put them on top, I can't really angle them too worried they would fall!
wse is offline  
post #1023 of 1029 Old 10-17-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tractng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by coli View Post
Don't do it. The LS50 is too good for most subwoofers.

The attached picture is the only setup where the subwoofer managed to integrate perfectly into the LS50.
Is that a parasound amp in the background? A21?
tractng is offline  
post #1024 of 1029 Old 10-17-2014, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tractng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
Yes those R50 are very pricey, they look like they could fit on top of the LS50?

I tried installing them on the top, and was not happy with the result! I think on or in ceiling is a better solution Oh well

So can I use the Kef E301(still in the box) and place on top of my LS50 for more Atmos speakers?

I already have 2 ceiling speakers.
tractng is offline  
post #1025 of 1029 Old 10-17-2014, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 1,881
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by coli View Post
Don't do it. The LS50 is too good for most subwoofers.

The attached picture is the only setup where the subwoofer managed to integrate perfectly into the LS50.
That's awesome. lmao
drewTT is offline  
post #1026 of 1029 Old 10-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post
So can I use the Kef E301(still in the box) and place on top of my LS50 for more Atmos speakers?

I already have 2 ceiling speakers.
Hi tractng,

Which Atmos configuration are you going for?
  • 5.1.2
  • 5.1.4
  • 7.1.2
  • 7.1.4
  • 9.1.2

If you haven't done so already, download the Dolby Atmos Home Theater installation guide here: http://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/dol...tup/index.html

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G

Last edited by steveting99; 10-17-2014 at 07:05 PM. Reason: additional text added for clarity
steveting99 is online now  
post #1027 of 1029 Old Yesterday, 12:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tractng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Hi tractng,

Which Atmos configuration are you going for?
  • 5.1.2
  • 5.1.4
  • 7.1.2
  • 7.1.4
  • 9.1.2

If you haven't done so already, download the Dolby Atmos Home Theater installation guide here: http://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/dol...tup/index.html

5.1.2 (2 on ceiling)
tractng is offline  
post #1028 of 1029 Old Today, 01:23 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Guys can you please tell me if the LS50's can be driven by a Burson Conductor LS S9018 ?

I'm from Headfi and new to speakers I have the Burson Conductor driving my Sennhiser HD 650 Headphones, and don't want to spend more on a receiver unless absolutely required.

I will be using the LS50's with my computer to listen to my FLAC music collection, mostly vocal.

Thank you very much.

I can't post a link to the Burson Audio Conductor LS S9018 because I'm new here.
slair76116 is offline  
post #1029 of 1029 Old Today, 03:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by slair76116 View Post
Guys can you please tell me if the LS50's can be driven by a Burson Conductor LS S9018 ?

I'm from Headfi and new to speakers I have the Burson Conductor driving my Sennhiser HD 650 Headphones, and don't want to spend more on a receiver unless absolutely required.

I will be using the LS50's with my computer to listen to my FLAC music collection, mostly vocal.

Thank you very much.

I can't post a link to the Burson Audio Conductor LS S9018 because I'm new here.
Hi slair76116,

Welcome to AVS!

The Burson Audio Conductor LS S9018 is a DAC for driving headphones. I can't see any analogue outputs that would allow it to drive a separate amp and the LS50 speakers.

There is also no bass management function that would allow integration with a sub. The LS50 design in the white paper has the frequency roll off starting from 100Hz and the -3dB rating is around 80Hz. The driver will start to distort below this.

Afraid you'll need at least a receiver to drive the LS50 as the low cost option.

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
steveting99 is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Kef Ls50 2 Way Speaker System

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off