Movie Room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just bought a new house and I have a large bonus room. I am curious about speaker selection. Some speaker companies seem to my ear to be better at reproducing music and others seem better at doing movies. For instance I wouldn't want veinna acoustics or B&W for my movie/sports room since I hardly ever listen to music. So what speaker companies would you guys go with. I already have a really nice 7.2 receiver (Marantz I cant remember the model number I will have to get it when I get home.) I am willing to spend up to 7 grand on the speakers if necessary. I have been eying the aperion Verus Grand XD setup, http://www.aperionaudio.com/systems/aperion-systems/verus-grand-tower-xd and the and the Klipsch RF-7 II http://www.klipsch.com/rf-7-ii-home-theater-system# but I would really love some help. I also already have a Martin Logan 700 I can mate with my purchase for the 7.2 setup.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-03-2012, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 1120
fwiw,7 chase home theater sho-10's and 2 ss-18.1 subs $4305 delivered they had 70 cabinets left 2 weeks ago and are $350 (no grilles) so the price will be below $4000 so if you become intrested better reserve asap

i'm so laid back,i'm laid out
post #3 of 8 Old 10-04-2012, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Come on only one suggestion?
post #4 of 8 Old 10-04-2012, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 103
I would look into Triad, RBH, Kef, Paradigm, and JTR in your price range. I would also look at these Klipsch speakers:
http://www.klipsch.com/kl-650-thx-bookshelf-speaker

The Chase Speakers are a good value but you have a nice budget so should shop around. You also want to leave plenty of room in your budget for 1-2 subwoofers.

Personally, the JTR speakers with their subwoofer would be hard to beat:
http://jtrspeakers.com/home-audio/triple-8ht/

http://jtrspeakers.com/home-audio/captivator/
post #5 of 8 Old 10-04-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 73
+1 on the Triads. I love mine.

-

Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
post #6 of 8 Old 10-04-2012, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

A friend of mine who does media rooms and what not is pushing me towards the Polk LSiM series. He also mentioned Martin Logan and while I love my sub I have not been impressed when I have demoed them at best buy. I mean, they have a more controlled room than mine and they sound worse than my current definitve technologies setup which is under whelming in the mids and highs in my new room. Are the polk good? Are the polk over priced?

Thanks for all the help again guys.

I suppose I should add my room dimensions are roughly 20x30.16 (WxLxH). The walls start out at about 6feet then slope to around 16 feet at the very top. Seems to resonate sound towards the center of the room very well.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-04-2012, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaman7 View Post

A friend of mine who does media rooms and what not is pushing me towards the Polk LSiM series. He also mentioned Martin Logan and while I love my sub I have not been impressed when I have demoed them at best buy. I mean, they have a more controlled room than mine and they sound worse than my current definitve technologies setup which is under whelming in the mids and highs in my new room. Are the polk good? Are the polk over priced?
Thanks for all the help again guys.
I suppose I should add my room dimensions are roughly 20x30.16 (WxLxH). The walls start out at about 6feet then slope to around 16 feet at the very top. Seems to resonate sound towards the center of the room very well.

I have owned lots of Polk speakers. The Lsim speakers are good speakers, but I would pick several of the other brands I mentioned above over them. But only you can decide this. Speakers are very much a personal thing. Kinda like cars...
post #8 of 8 Old 10-04-2012, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

What would I do with the JTRs, do you know of a good stand I could use?
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page