Planning home theater room in new house, need speaker suggestions - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-05-2012, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Hello all!

We are building a new house and I get my own room dedicated to home theater (woohoo).

It is a 20x12 room (so, not huge) and it is getting prewired for in wall 7.1.

I'm looking to keep my budget around 3k for just speakers. I plan to have a front projector with a screen on the far wall. Im either going to do a sectional on the back wall and side of the room with a couple chairs, or perhaps just a couch set a bit forward from then back of the room.

Either way I've read some threads and have been looking at the RLS III for front and center channels, no idea what to do for the surround and rears.

I'm looking for some suggestions on those as well as mounting location and how high they should be mounted in wall. The sub will be free standing (should it go in front corner or rear corner?)

I need to figure all this out so I can tell the builders where to run the speaker wire in wall, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions!

My Home Theater Build: The Vortex Theater Build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page