I would like to have better sound in my living room and my primary purpose is to listen to music (progressive house mostly) through my laptop/mp3 player and a little television. I am not interested in a 5 or 7 speaker setup, and do not plan on using a subwoofer (probably inviting a lot of complaints in my apartment building anyway). I have a very limited budget, but have found some options that I would like to ask someone knowledgeable.
1) If I go for a small amp such as http://www.amazon.com/LP-2020A-Lepai-Tripath-Class-T-Amplifier/dp/B0049P6OTI/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header
, will it run any of the bookshelf speakers listed below at a good volume level? Also, between the ones listed below, any recommendations and why?
- Pioneer SP-BS41
- Polk Audio Monitor30 Series II 2 way bookshelf speakers
- Polk Audio Monitor40 Series II 2 way bookshelf speakers
Total cost of setup above is $25+[$85 - $150] = $110 - $175
2) In terms of sound, will there be a big difference if I instead decide to go with
- Energy EF-500
- Pioneer SP-FS51
- Polk Audio Monitor50 Series II Floorstanding Loudspeaker
Which do you recommend and why?
Will these speakers need a more powerful amp/receiver than the one I posted from amazon? If yes, how about something basic like a Pioneer VSX-521-K? I have found a used one for less than $100 on craigslist.
Total cost of setup above is $75+[$100-$160] = $175 - $235
Thanks for your time:)