Paradigm Studio 100's and CC690 vs. Salk Song Towers Super Charged with matching center - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 10-09-2012, 02:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Can any one help me with this decision. I've read all the good reviews about the song towers but can't demo them. I really like the Studios and have heard them. My theater room is 18x13x8. I run dual Velodyne Optimum 12 subs and 5 Outlaw m2200 monoblocks but worry that the ST's with their two five inch drivers will not be enough speaker where as the Studios have four seven inch drivers. Any information would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-09-2012, 04:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 146
I have personally heard the Paradigm Studio 100's with the 690, and compared to the old Song Towers I used to have, they were a pretty big step down. I think that the super charged Song Towers will stomp the digm's when it comes to music and be a better performer for home theater as well. If you really want to get the best out of the Song towers, then sel yorur velo's and buy an HSU, SVS, Outlaw, Rythmic or Chase subwoofer. A pair of HSU VTF-15's with the SCST's and SCSC would be a world class setup that few on this board could match!
post #3 of 8 Old 10-09-2012, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your input. What makes those subs so much better than the velos? I have enjoyed there performance thus far. I have always understood that powerful 12 in subs were more accurate than 15s, 10s and 8s more so but with significantly less output. Which made them the perfect size for 50/50 music HT applications.
post #4 of 8 Old 10-09-2012, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Get the Songtowers without a doubt. I'd trade my Studio 100's for them in a heartbeat. Marty has it right about the Salks walking all over the Studios. I wouldn't sell your subs just yet. Wait and see how they pair with whichever speakers you decide on and make a decision from there.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-09-2012, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

You guys are making my decision very easy. Should have signed on to avs years ago. Thank you.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-09-2012, 07:47 PM

Liked: 10
I've heard the Paradigms, I've heard the Salks.
I have Supercharged SongTower with Supercharged SongCenter being built right now.

Jim Salk offers a 30 day trial so you can send them back if you're not satisfied but I'm reasonably sure you'll keep them once you hear them.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
Velodyne makes a great subwoofer. Don't start trading in your equipment because someone says you have to. It's only suggestion! We don't know the acoustical properties of your room, or your taste(s) and or dislike(s). Keep it if your happy!
post #8 of 8 Old 10-09-2012, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Sounds like I'll be ordering Salks. Hell I'm working seven twelves might just go for the Veracity ht2 TL's. What's a thousand bucks anyway. Thanks to all who replied.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page