5.1 or 7.1 for less than $1,000... for a European - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-11-2012, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Everyone!

I was literally moments away from buying my first "real" home theater audio setup - an A/V Receiver from Pioneer VSX-1122-K and Andrew Jones' designed SP-PK52FS speaker set.

Unfortunately, although I can and most likely will get the receiver, I can't buy Mr. Jones' speakers at all. The reason is very weird and sad - I'm European. Which by itself isn't an issue wink.gif , but these speakers are simply not available in Europe and the only US online store that I could find which was willing to ship them over here was charging... $1,500 for the shipping! eek.gif That's pretty much exactly twice the money the speakers themselves cost.

That said, here's my question which I'd be very grateful if someone could answer - what speakers would you recommend for less than $1,000 that are really good (for their price).?

From what I've read in many places, Andrew Jones' set is apparently the best you can get for this small price. Is there anything else? I'll up the ante from $600 to $1,000 for a 5.1 system. What do you recommend? Of course, the recommended speakers need to be available in Europe, but I'm not asking anyone to do the research, if you just have any recommendations of something really good for < $1,000, just please let me know, I'll check myself if they're for same in the EU.

Oh and... by "good" I mean sound quality. They could be packed in the ugliest cabinet in the world with the most obscure design, but they should sound good. I know it's subjective, but I (want to) believe, that there must be something that enough people would consider good and therefore, there might be some objective truth to it.

Of course, if someone by any chance knows about a reliable parcel forwarding service which could charge less than $300 for the shipping - I'm all ears.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page