I'm a newb who has been reading this forum till my heads spins. But I think I have it narrowed down. Budget is $1250 for 5.1 (or 7.1, I can always add 2 later) speakers, and $500 or so for AVR (have tentatively decided on TX-NR717, am aware of the Audessy issue). Room is 20 x 16 x 10, use is mainly for movies. So, in no particular order:
1. HSU Hybrid 2, 5.1, $1259.
2. SVS PB12-NSD, SCS-02, SBS-02, 5.1 $1168
3. Rythmyk FV-12, SVS SCS-02, SBS-02, 7.1 $1098
4. Rythmyk FV-12, HSU HC-1, HB1, 5.1 $1086, 7.1 $1236
5. BIC PL-200, PL-26, FH-65B, 5.1 $909, 7.1 $1109
6. BIC PL-200, DV62CLR-S, DV625i, 5.1 $650, 7.1 $870
7. Any mix/mashup of the above.
I remember years ago horn tweeters sounding "harsh", not silky smooth, esp on music. Don't know if it's still a concern.
Can't do in-wall. Don't want towers. My first cut was Onkyo HTIB 9400Thx lol
Thanks in advance for advice.
Edit: Add Outlaw sub if it meets price point?