Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Dynaudio Focus 160s
Compaq Notebook running Media Monkey
Arcam rDAC
Naim Nait 5i Integrated Amp

I'll try to post a picture later of the setup.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Oppo BDP-103,
Naim Nait XS-2, Jolida FX Tube DAC, Integra DTR-40.2, 55" Panasonic Plasma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 11-03-2012, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Awesome stuff guys! Very inspiring indeed.

I found this floating around the interwebs:

post #33 of 37 Old 11-03-2012, 07:45 PM

Liked: 12
Mac Pro to Arcam AVR 250, Altec 95 speakers. The speakers are not up to the quality of the receiver, but I haven't found anything in the $1000 / pair range that I like as well. (The 95s were not anywhere near that price, of course.)

I've had enough trouble getting sound I can live with that I'm reluctant to touch the configuration, even though it's kind of loony.
post #34 of 37 Old 11-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I've tried a few different setups, but I keep going back to my old-school 2.1 Altec Lansing ATP-3. They're on the fritz so I've tried a Logitech 2.1, the Altec Lansing Octane 7 (the successor to the ATP-3), and powered 2.0 Audioengine A2s.

Funny complaint but with all of the other 2.1 systems, I can't turn the bass down enough. Just really boomy and atonal, even at the lowest settings. The Audioengines were too "in-your-face"--I got listening fatigue right away. I don't think I like the midrange drivers pointing right at my face.

The ATP-3s sound very transparent. Could be too bright for some but I'm used to it.

Has anyone heard the Focal Bird 2.1 systems? I'd like to try it out but the price is steep.

post #35 of 37 Old 11-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWIII View Post

I've tried a few different setups, but I keep going back to my old-school 2.1 Altec Lansing ATP-3. They're on the fritz so I've tried a Logitech 2.1, the Altec Lansing Octane 7 (the successor to the ATP-3), and powered 2.0 Audioengine A2s.
Funny complaint but with all of the other 2.1 systems, I can't turn the bass down enough. Just really boomy and atonal, even at the lowest settings. The Audioengines were too "in-your-face"--I got listening fatigue right away. I don't think I like the midrange drivers pointing right at my face.
The ATP-3s sound very transparent. Could be too bright for some but I'm used to it.
Has anyone heard the Focal Bird 2.1 systems? I'd like to try it out but the price is steep.

I'm not sure the Bird is meant for near field listening. There are several other Focal products that would make better computer speakers. Such as the XS 2.1 or XS 2.0 or the CMS40s.
post #36 of 37 Old 11-04-2012, 06:38 AM

Liked: 11

Computer > Mini Amp > Monoprice 12" sub. (discontinued) > Polk Monitor 30s

Overall im very happy with the setup. I wish I could find the specs on the sub but it seems monoprice no longer has the information online. I paid all of $80 for the sub and less then $350 for the entire audio setup. It was a very nice upgrade from the old $15 computer 2.1 system I used to own. For the money spent I could not be more happy. I have several friends that make music all complament this setup.

Forgive the cellphone pic. Also the sub is hiding just to the right of the desk. Down in the dark area in the picture.
TeddyP likes this.
post #37 of 37 Old 11-04-2012, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Emig5m,

Love everything about your setup, except I'm not feeling the love for the TV stand. A nice black one would look so much better. I never cared for wood with a blond finish. Your room looks like something out of a magazine. Very nice.

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page