Ordered the Orb Mod 2.... not here yet, already buyer's remorse? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-02-2012, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just ordered the Orb Mod 2 yesterday..... So it may arrive next week. I'm so excited about FINALLY being able to add sound to my home theater room.

My wife was adamant about a "small form factor"..... in her eyes, the smaller the better, and I didn't want the Bose ( though I am not a Bose hater ), so I went with the Orbs. My plan is to get the Mod 2 set up, and then order more speakers as needed, and it most surely will need a little more. The room is 700+ square feet - my entire attic, minus a closet and bathroom.

Tell me, assure me, that for my $1000, or under budget, I did the right thing. It kills me to have bought speakers without listening to them first, but then again, I have bough speakers before based on what I heard in the showroom, and been disappointed when they got home.

Yes, I did exceed my $1000 budget by $98..... I told my wife to call it a Christmas present!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-02-2012, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa2x View Post

I just ordered the Orb Mod 2 yesterday..... So it may arrive next week. I'm so excited about FINALLY being able to add sound to my home theater room.
My wife was adamant about a "small form factor"..... in her eyes, the smaller the better, and I didn't want the Bose ( though I am not a Bose hater ), so I went with the Orbs. My plan is to get the Mod 2 set up, and then order more speakers as needed, and it most surely will need a little more. The room is 700+ square feet - my entire attic, minus a closet and bathroom.
Tell me, assure me, that for my $1000, or under budget, I did the right thing. It kills me to have bought speakers without listening to them first, but then again, I have bough speakers before based on what I heard in the showroom, and been disappointed when they got home.
Yes, I did exceed my $1000 budget by $98..... I told my wife to call it a Christmas present!

What are you using for a subwoofer?
post #3 of 4 Old 11-03-2012, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What do they call it? The Super 8?

I don't know if I can also use an old Paradigm PS1000, in tandem.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-04-2012, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 318
I actually owned that setup. The Super 8 is anything but a subwoofer, and the Orbs are sorely lacking midrange. The design hasn't been updated in close to 10 years now, so it's a very stale product as well. To be honest, unless you need microscopic sized speakers the Orb's are probably not the best option available.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page