Need something to lift the front of my center channel speaker! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 11-07-2012, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just purchased a 70" Elite and the stand I got to put it on is a BDI Icon black metal and glass stand. The problem I have is my NHT Audiocenter 2 is very tall and this means I need to put it on the bottem shelf of the stand because I could not get enough clearance to put it on the middle shelf. I am trying to see if there are any feet or something that I could put under the front of the speaker to raise it around an inch or 2 to point it more towards my listening position. I am looking for something that would blend in with all my black equipment and speakers if possible. Thanks for the help. Also if it matters I will be running Audysee calibration from my Denon 3808 once everything is set up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-07-2012, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 794
Ive used rubber door stop wedges for this purpose. You can find them at your local hardware store. I'm not sure if they would qualify as "audiophile quality" devices though but they work. biggrin.gif

I don't need snobs to tell me how to think, thank you!
post #3 of 9 Old 11-07-2012, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I've seen both of these used a lot in studios/edit-bays:

http://www.amazon.com/Audioengine-DS1-Desktop-Stand-Pair/dp/B002ATK2OS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352318450&sr=8-1&keywords=speaker+wedge

http://www.amazon.com/Auralex-MOPAD-Isolation-Charcoal-speakers/dp/B0002D0B4K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1352318450&sr=8-2&keywords=speaker+wedge

On the other hand, I do think the door stop would work so long as you put a smaller (rubber?) foot on the back side of the speaker.
post #4 of 9 Old 11-08-2012, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
You may be able to angle the glass shelf itself if the stand allows it. That is what I did for my center. Just install the front holding pegs a couple notches higher. This also allows me to have my center protrude out a bit from the stand. You'll probably need something in the back to keep the speaker from sliding backward.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-08-2012, 01:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Another vote for the MoPads.

-curtis

Owner of Wave Crest Audio
Volunteer Mod at the Ascend Acoustics Forum
Like all things on the Internet, do your research, as forums have a good amount of misinformation.
Help beat breast cancer!

post #6 of 9 Old 11-09-2012, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFelizardo View Post

You may be able to angle the glass shelf itself if the stand allows it. That is what I did for my center. Just install the front holding pegs a couple notches higher. This also allows me to have my center protrude out a bit from the stand. You'll probably need something in the back to keep the speaker from sliding backward.

The glass on the BDI stands screw into a silver puck that is attached to the glass which makes it very sturdy but doesn't allow for the glass to be raised otherwise that would be a good idea.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-09-2012, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post

Another vote for the MoPads.

The Mopads look good but they are 12" long and my center is only 11" deep so I am thinking that an inch of the Mopad would have to stick out.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-09-2012, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I have a black towel under my centre, which is invisible in most light conditions (but I have black shelves, not glass).

But a piece of stiff black foam (every city has stores in the industrial area that sell foam), 11" wide 1 1/2" deep and however high you need. Problem solved for a few bucks.

post #9 of 9 Old 11-09-2012, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarnut View Post

The Mopads look good but they are 12" long and my center is only 11" deep so I am thinking that an inch of the Mopad would have to stick out.

The Mopad's length includes the notch on the lower end. I'm guessing the speaker "shelf" area is about 11".

Also, the Mopad's foam have a lot of traction so you can slide the speaker forward a bit to keep it flush at the front.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page