Originally Posted by rick240
There are lots of options and they will all work with your Denon.
Maybe I missed it through this thread, but the key questions you need to answer are:
- what is your budget (for 5.1)
- how big is your room
- do you have size or aesthetic constraints
- will they be placed close to a wall
- what speakers have you listened to; which did you like most; were there any you didn't like
Put the answers to these in one place and people can make suggestions. There is no such things as "best"; there are lots of awesome, and there are some great deals.
PS. Sell the Acoustimass (typically they sell used for decent money) and use the money to increase your budget (question #1 above).
Hey! yes sorry, maybe I just started writting every little question that came through my mind and didn´t really focused, lets see, my budget its actually not fixed, I´m thinking on around 700€ leaving the 2113 aside (add around 600€ more for the Denon, but that´s already done), my idea was to keep the AM6 by the moment for the rears, so I can concentrate those +/-700€ in great front/center speakers + sub, and then afterwards "complete" the system when I can sell the AM6 for a decent price and then add something to it, what I don´t want to do is to sell them and buy more "average" equipment, at least those are my thoughts.
- My room is around 35sqm (living room/bedroom, my apartment is not so big, though i´m thinking on moving out to a bigger one next year), I used to like the Boses because I could actually "hang" them to the wall, it would look great and it should sound awesome, though that wasn´t my experience.
- About the sizes, since the apartment is not so big, I wasn´t considerating the stand speakers, I actually wanted them mounted to the wall, my leaving room as is its kind of a 3 wall corner, I have the couch on the right wall facing to the TV that´s in the left wall, so if you have a front view of it, you´ll see in front of you an empty wall, and then right couch, left TV, don´t know if you can actually imagine it.
- About listening to speakers, that´s the thing...I heard the BOSE´s a loong time ago and loved them, now that I have them they´re not so impressive, and all of these brands, KEF, Bostson, Jamo, that´s all new for me, that´s why I´m asking for advice over here, I´m a musician, a complete music lover, and i want to be able to listen to music in this set-up as if I would be living it, a beautiful crisp sound yet with outstanding bass and good mids, totally HiFi, that´s why I´m puting more money on it, and of course, I want to be able to ses movies also with good sound quality, that was another thing with the Yamaha HM50 and the AM6, every time I tried to see movies, and turned the system on, I couldn´t understand a word of what they were saying! if I turned the volume up, then the music and sound effects were too loud, in the end, a complete mess!
So hope this is clearer now guys, thanks for your time!!