NHT Super Zero 2.0 vs Emotiva XRM 4.1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-15-2012, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So emotiva has a sale going on their XRM 4.1 speakers for $159 and NHT also has their Super Zero speakers on sale for $77 each.

What I want from speakers are good clean, clear sound. I dont know what the warm and bright sounds would be like as I am coming from a set of logitech z5500, so i know either of these will be an upgrade..

Which speakers should i go with?

Now I plan on using the speakers with my computer. The speakers will be used for music, gaming, and movies. This will also be in my bedroom of regular size.

Eventually I will purchase a sub for the speakers as i know these speakers dont push a lot of bass.

So which set of speakers should I get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-15-2012, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

any help?
post #3 of 6 Old 11-15-2012, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Where do u see the SZs on sale for $77?

Anyway, I'm running 5 of the SZs in a 1650 cubic foot sealed room. They sound really nice. Nice midrange and vocals, pretty good highs without being harsh.

There's a few more reviews of the NHTs than there are of the Emotivas. Neither is very efficient. Mine are pretty good with movies but need more power than I have for music. (45 watts/channel).

And of course you really need a sub with them.

As much as like them (for the money they're hard to beat) I wish I would've gone with something larger though. I'm not sure more power is going to fix their lack of output for music.

That's my $.02.

Gene

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #4 of 6 Old 11-15-2012, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

Where do u see the SZs on sale for $77?
Anyway, I'm running 5 of the SZs in a 1650 cubic foot sealed room. They sound really nice. Nice midrange and vocals, pretty good highs without being harsh.
There's a few more reviews of the NHTs than there are of the Emotivas. Neither is very efficient. Mine are pretty good with movies but need more power than I have for music. (45 watts/channel).
And of course you really need a sub with them.
As much as like them (for the money they're hard to beat) I wish I would've gone with something larger though. I'm not sure more power is going to fix their lack of output for music.
That's my $.02.
Gene

Thank you for your input. I think I will keep the nht. I do plan on getting a subwoofer but I am not sure how I would hook up a sub woofer with the amp I will be using.

the amp i will using will be this:

http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/a100

if there are any other small size amps that will allow me for easier hook up with an amp please do let me know. Cause the only other amp I have been looking at is the audioengine N22 but it looks so ugly.

any input on the amp and sub would be great appreciated thank you
post #5 of 6 Old 11-16-2012, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincedea View Post

Thank you for your input. I think I will keep the nht. I do plan on getting a subwoofer but I am not sure how I would hook up a sub woofer with the amp I will be using.
the amp i will using will be this:
http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/a100
if there are any other small size amps that will allow me for easier hook up with an amp please do let me know. Cause the only other amp I have been looking at is the audioengine N22 but it looks so ugly.
any input on the amp and sub would be great appreciated thank you

Just make sure the sub you get has speaker level inputs. Run the amp's speaker outputs to the sub and use the sub's crossover to manage the bass.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #6 of 6 Old 11-16-2012, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

Just make sure the sub you get has speaker level inputs. Run the amp's speaker outputs to the sub and use the sub's crossover to manage the bass.

Assuming the speaker level outputs on the sub's plate amp are filtered... Many of them, especially on less expensive subs, pass a full range signal.

There is also the issue of whether the parts used in the plate amp for the high pass speaker level out are high quality or if they degrade the sound... Only real way to know is to try it out.

I wish more subs had filtered low level (RCA) outputs like the Velodyne Minivee does...
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page