BG Radia vs. Martin Logan - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-16-2012, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm in the process of building a true dedicated media room for music and movies and have already installed 2 of the BG Radia BGX S-12B subwoofer modules on either side of the seating area and have the BGX A-2 amplifier to power these. I have wired the theater for 11.2 channels with the option of adding 2 more subs in the front of the room. The size of the theater is 24' long by 12 ' wide. Not huge but a great size for what my needs are. I'm at the point of ordering more equipment so I just ordered the screen (SI Black Diamond Zero Edge G2 with the wrap around LED lighting kit) in a 110" 2:35:1 format. I'll be installing one of the new JVC Pro projectors as soon as they hit the streets later this month. I'm going to be purchasing all Parasound Halo amps (A-31, A-21 and A-23's) in their new brushed metal black face plates to power the speakers. My questions are concerning the BG Radia speakers that I think I'm leaning toward. I'm looking at the FS-420's for the left and right and the CC-220 center channel that matches that. Also leaning toward the IC-201's for the height channels and SS-202's for surrounds and SA-200's for rears. Haven't decided on the width channels yet. How does this system compare to a full Martin Logan system (Ethos or Theos for left and right fronts and the Motif for the center and Edge, Axis and Vanquish for rears, surrounds, height and width speakers. Here are my questions;

1) Has anyone out there compared the two different speaker company selections?
2) Does anyone think that I will need more subwoofers for movies in that size room (roughly 650 square feet) and if so, can I go with some stand alone smaller subs to blend in with the BGX system?
3) For control, I'm leaning toward Pro Control, Roomie Remote or Gefen GAVA along with the Lutron RadioRa2 system for lighting control via RS-232. Any thoughts on that?
4) Any suggestions for in ceiling width channels from BG?

Thanks for any help in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 156
BG Radia will be much better for movies as they are specifically built for HT. ML are more suited for music IMO.

Television: Mitsubishi WD65737 DLP
Processor: Emotiva UMC-200
Amps: Carver AV 806x/Behringer EP4000
Mains: DCM TimeFrame 600 Center: AT 453C
Surrounds: AT 251.1 Sub: Danley DTS-10
Blu Ray: Panasonic DMP-BD655