So Torn! Klipsch or Energy? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-22-2012, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have worked myself into a knot over what to purchase. I'm planning on spending 3K to 3.5K, so that's what I'm working with. I think I have pretty much settled on AVR, which is the Denon 2313CI, but now I have to decide on speakers and I'm having a heck of a time.

Energy, Klipsch or something else entirely?!?!?!

Here is the Energy system I'm looking at on Amazon: Energy Speakers CF-70 5.1 Home Theater Bundle FREE BIC Acoustech PL-200 ~ However the sub has been exchanged for a BIC, but having looked into it, I think that's a good thing.

Here is the Klipsch system, also on Amazon: Klipsch RF-82II Home Theater Bundle-FREE BIC Acoustech PL-200 ~ again sub has been replaced with a BIC.

Any thoughts on either of these systems or any other speaker systems in the same price range?

Also, is the Denon AVR that I'm looking at going to be good enough?

Yes, this will be my first big sound system purchase. I'm researching like crazy, but the more I know, I feel I grow more and more torn. Any thoughts or guidance would be HUGELY appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-22-2012, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Yes, something entirely different.
IMHO, these links will take you to the best Black Friday deal on the internet for high end, quality speakers. Further, you will have a lot of money left over to choose a pair of surrounds and a much better quality subwoofer. Finally, these speakers are efficient enough to match up well on the Denon AVR you have decided on. Sorry to give you something else to mull over, but this deal is truly too good not to be told about and considered. Good luck.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/FOCAL814V/FOCAL-Chorus-814V-716v-Dual-6-Floorstanding-Speakers-Gloss-Black-Pair/1.html

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/FOCALCC814V/FOCAL-Chorus-CC814V-800V-Dual-6-Center-Speaker-Gloss-Black-Each/1.html

I understand that if you buy all three, you save another $30.

Parasound 5125, Parasound 2100, Pro-ject RM 5.1SE, Dynavector 10x5, Pro-ject Phono Box S, Pro-ject Speed Box II, Arcam FMJ CD17, Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD, Vienna Acoustics Bach Grands, Vienna Acoustics Theatro Grand, Wharfedale Diamond 9.2s, REL T-1 & Panasonic TC-P54S1
post #3 of 7 Old 11-22-2012, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Oh boy...yet another decision! thanks for your input paraneer. However, I'm not looking to buy until January, so I can't pounce on black Friday deals. I have to say, If I could, I probably would, what a great set of deals!!! I have never heard of Focal before. Off to do more research....ARRRRGH!!!
post #4 of 7 Old 11-22-2012, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Focal...High end French speakers with models in excess of $100K.

Parasound 5125, Parasound 2100, Pro-ject RM 5.1SE, Dynavector 10x5, Pro-ject Phono Box S, Pro-ject Speed Box II, Arcam FMJ CD17, Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD, Vienna Acoustics Bach Grands, Vienna Acoustics Theatro Grand, Wharfedale Diamond 9.2s, REL T-1 & Panasonic TC-P54S1
post #5 of 7 Old 11-22-2012, 06:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractalwave View Post

However, I'm not looking to buy until January, so I can't pounce on black Friday deals.

Then you should wait and come back in January and revive this thread. Any discussion now may be largely moot. The best deals for your money will likely change then. smile.gif

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
post #6 of 7 Old 11-23-2012, 04:36 AM - Thread Starter

Deals are deals, but when I'm ready to buy, I guess I just want to know I'm doing the right thing. Energy or Klipsch?
post #7 of 7 Old 11-23-2012, 08:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 420
How much have you auditioned speakers?. There's no point limiting yourself to just these two brands if you're not buying until January. I recommend you go out as listen to as many speaker brands as possible to find out what you like best.

If you're going to spend that much money you owe it to yourself to listen to some speakers in person instead of going off what a stranger tells you. When you find some brands you like then come back here and ask for more details, comparisons and opinions.

Afro GT
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page