Pro Cinema 60 5.1 and Onkyo 515 for $500 shipped? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-24-2012, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am upgrading from my Samsung DVD/HTiB 5.1 setup and am seriously strapped for cash. The wife also doesnt care if its just the TV speakers or her Iphone.

That being my situation I put almost 8 hours yesterday into reading these forums and have visited in the past. Also shopped around quite a bit and found what I feel is an awesome NewEgg Black friday deal. They have similiar sets of speakers to the Pro Cinema 60's for around the same price. I am 90% sure I would rather go for mid upper budget range 5.1 than slowly build a really nice 5.1/7.2 system. Just personal choice right now... might be more expensive in the long run but I feel I will be more pleased with my purchases this way.

Anyway In the price range available I was wondering what the audiophiles would have to say about the deals. The 60's are 199 for the set. There are Energy Take 5's for 129 but without sub. There are also Martin Logan ML-2's for 280. 280 is more than I want to spend with deals at 200 for what seem to be a decent set of speakers. But if the ML's are a huge increase for the extra buck I may be willing to spend.

Just trying to get the push to pull the trigger. Or the save of someone telling me to not be an idiot wink.gif.

Thanks AVS-er's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-24-2012, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 52
so, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you (upgrading Sam HTiB but don't have room for larger bookshelf speakers)... I've 'asked' for the Def Tech ProCin 60 and Denon AVR-1613 as a Christmas gift from my wife. (looks like I'm getting it too.. cool.gif)

Are you really going to upgrade to 7.1? If not, check out the Denon avr-1613, $270 right now. The Onkyo doesn't EQ the sub and I think the smaller satellite sets will need that extra feature of the MutlEQ vs the 2EQ on the Onkyo.

This is the best thread I've read so far comparing the different sat sets. It'll just come down cost and your gut feeling...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1308934/compact-5-1-systems-for-motorhome

post #3 of 6 Old 11-24-2012, 01:10 PM

Liked: 14
The Pro Cin 60 is a great little setup...

VSX-53, VSX-51,VSX-81 Pioneer Elites and Denon 1611
James loudspeaker inwalls main and future theater
Control4
Other speaker zones DefTech, Polk, Russound, Boston Acoustics
post #4 of 6 Old 11-24-2012, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the Replies, you make some good points about the avr. I liked the idea of being able to uppgrade to 7.2 if I wanted but its not absolutely necessary. Also saw a pretty good deal on this guy Pioneer VSX-1022-K for 249.99. Heard pioneers are good and has lots of good features.. But again if the Denon is that much better and cheaper I could always remain happy with 5.1
post #5 of 6 Old 11-25-2012, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

how do the Pro 60's stack against the pioneer SP-21 Steven Jones speakers? I have heard to passon that sub, but right now they are only a little mre expensive then the 60's if I can find a decent sub around $100 or wait on the sub
post #6 of 6 Old 11-25-2012, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

I know this is the "speaker" thread but it seems silly to start another thread on the same situations. Im getting turned off on the Onkyo because of the reliability issues and the above mentioned lack of features that may benefit my cheaper speaker set-up. How does the Pioneer VSX-1022 stack up against the Denon and Onkyo already mentioned. Its at 250 which would save e some dough to maybe push for the steven jones speakers if they are worth it.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page