In wall speaker advice - without the poll - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-24-2012, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Re-posting this question as i think i made a mistake adding the poll to it last time. Apologies if this is any inconvenience.

Installing a finished basement and will be adding a 7.1 or 7.2 home theatre system. One constraint is the speakers have to be in wall (yes, wife). After some research i have narrowed it to these for the LCR's:

Klipsch: R-5502 (2 5.25" woofers) or KL-6502 (THX sekect 2 rated, also 2 5.25" woofers),
or
Yamaha: NS-IW660 (1 6.5" woofer) or NS-IW960 (2 6.5" woofers).
or
Definitive Tech: DI 6.5 LCR (2 6.5" wfrs) or DI 5.5 LCR (2 5.25" wfrs)

System will be on short end of a 15' by 30' room with only 7' cielings so I'm afraid the THX is overkill (and expensive). I'll also have 1 or 2 subs and probably in cieling surrounds, all powered by something like a Yamaha Aventage RX-A720 or the like. I'll choose the surrounds based on the LCR's. The wall they will be installed into is open on the other side (closet) so i have room to be creative if need be. Walls are 2x4 frame and drywall.

Biggest problem is there is no place left anymore to go and hear all these so I really need advice. Open to any and all input, but please don't challenge the use of in-wall speakers. Been there, lost that.

Quality of sound is more important to us than massive bass crank-ups. I like to hear the sound of the guitar pick running along the cable string if you know what i mean. Highs are important as most of the stuff I've seen sound muddy to me.

Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-24-2012, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Check out the new QX series by James Loudspeaker.Great quality speaker and they sound awesome. We use the James Baby Grand Concerto's in front and the 82SDX rear and my wife loves the inwalls.

http://www.jamesloudspeaker.com/index.cfm?page=by_series&id=32&sr=1

VSX-53, VSX-51,VSX-81 Pioneer Elites and Denon 1611
James loudspeaker inwalls main and future theater
Control4
Other speaker zones DefTech, Polk, Russound, Boston Acoustics
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page