Focal 714v or 814v Advice Needed - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-25-2012, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am in Canada in an area with a limited selection of available speakers. Have heard the Focal 807v and the 714v.
The 814v is available from acc4less at a much better price than the 714v available locally even though I would have to
cross the border to pick them up. The dealer has a less than stellar feed back from customers though most complaints
are from refurbished electronics. What are the odds of Focals being doa? Has anyone ordered and received these speakers from acc4less and what is your opinion of them. Also is getting the 814v over the 714v worth the extra effort. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-25-2012, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 40
My understanding is the 814v's on sale at accessories4less are brand new - not B-Stock. The chances of an 814v arriving DOA are nil. How can a speaker arrive DOA anyways? It is more mechanical than electrical. I wouldn't worry about it.

I have never bought from this internet vendor but if I was in the market for high quality speakers at an incredible price, I would not hesiate to make this purchase. IMO it is worth the chance especially with speakers where the most that could go wrong is cabinet damage; not driver damage. Maybe someone who actually bought from this vendor can comment on their experiences. I would still take the chance - the reward is worth the risk.

Finally the 814V's are identical to the 716v's except the 814v's come in a piano black finish. Personally I find them much more attractive than the finishes offered in the 700 line. Overall, this appears to be an outstanding deal. Good luck.

Parasound 5125, Parasound 2100, Pro-ject RM 5.1SE, Dynavector 10x5, Pro-ject Phono Box S, Pro-ject Speed Box II, Arcam FMJ CD17, Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD, Vienna Acoustics Bach Grands, Vienna Acoustics Theatro Grand, Wharfedale Diamond 9.2s, REL T-1 & Panasonic TC-P54S1
post #3 of 5 Old 11-25-2012, 11:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 537
The speakers are brand new - I do not believe that AC4L, will take
the risk of being sued for false advertising. They do sale new items
from time to time on buy-outs.

This is from a thread at Home Theater Shack >
"In addition, the deal on the Focal Chorus combo for $1000 is a silly good deal. These are A-Stock Speakers that were originally destined to be sold at Sound Advice. When Tweeter/HiFi Buys/Sound Advice went under, these Speakers were in flux until Mark swooped in and grabbed them."

AC4L, also states a 5 yr warranty - you should be able to use a Focal authorized repair dealer.
Item condition: NEW
Warranty: 5 Year

All in all, AC4L is a good company with good customer service. They have
been in business a long time.

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
post #4 of 5 Old 11-25-2012, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the hand holding. Speakers ordered!
post #5 of 5 Old 11-25-2012, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 40
You're welcome and congrats on a great purchase. I am sure you will enjoy them.

Parasound 5125, Parasound 2100, Pro-ject RM 5.1SE, Dynavector 10x5, Pro-ject Phono Box S, Pro-ject Speed Box II, Arcam FMJ CD17, Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD, Vienna Acoustics Bach Grands, Vienna Acoustics Theatro Grand, Wharfedale Diamond 9.2s, REL T-1 & Panasonic TC-P54S1
Reply Speakers