Need advice for speaker system!! (NEW MEMBER) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-26-2012, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys so i am looking to get a sound system which i will use for nearly all music, and maybe would like to hook up to the tv for occasional movies or xbox.. but for the most part i am in college and looking for a system which can get loud. i am not worried about noise complaints i live in the country far away from my neighbors. I love bass and have been shopping around but cant seem to pull the trigger on a system i would like to keep everything under 600 but lower would be great. i was not looking for surround sound either 2.1 or 2.1. I currently have the logitech z623 computer speaker system and want something that would blow this out of the water.

So far i have decided that the harman kardon hk 3390 receiver would be the best through my research. ($180)

when it comes to mains i was nearly set on a set of cerwin vegas i found on craigslist they are the e-312's but i was worried they would not have enough bass with only 80 watts ($225)

so i looked further and have had a hard time deciding between the bic f12 and the polk psw505 (seems like they are both great subwoofers for the price ($190))

If i get the powered sub i am left with less about 100-200 dollars left i was looking at getting either infinity beta bookshelves, polk monitor 50's, sony ssf5000's or anything i can find used on craigslist. could someone let me know what you think? i want to get equipment that i will not want to have to continuously upgrade. I would also like something that when its not a friday/saturday night i can listen to at sane levels and it will still sound good (my concern with the cerwin vegas)
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page