Need help with this plug - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 11-27-2012, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So this little project I am doing has stumped me. I have absolutely no audio knowledge. For this project I've come across a...female plug that i am unfamiliar with. The instructions i was given was to plug my speakers into this plug. I have never seen this plug in my life so i was hoping for some help from you guys.

What it looks like.
dZwkE.png
Close up
MVZym.png

Edit: oh yeah, the audio specification says this, which unfortunatly i don't know what it means.
Audio output: 2*2W
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-27-2012, 12:36 AM

Liked: 13
Would you be able to provide this board part #

My setup:
TV: Samsung plasma 59" pn59d550, DVR: Cisco 8642HD, HTPC: Acer Aspire E1-570,
Peachtree audio DAC-iT, Logitech Harmony 650 remote, Logitech MediaBoard Pro Bluetooth k/b
Receiver: Harman Kardon HK 3490, Speakers: Mission m34i + Mission MS10 sub, Nexus 7 2nd gen
post #3 of 8 Old 11-27-2012, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

post #4 of 8 Old 11-27-2012, 01:47 AM

You provided a re-seller link, do you see a builder name on the board
Using your link I came up with this further down where I can kind of guess a 3.5mm jack (at least at audio cable end)
What this pic doesn't show is if the audio cable shown can be plugged eitherway or if the board side is a proprietary format

eddie298 likes this.

My setup:
Peachtree audio DAC-iT, Logitech Harmony 650 remote, Logitech MediaBoard Pro Bluetooth k/b
Receiver: Harman Kardon HK 3490, Speakers: Mission m34i + Mission MS10 sub, Nexus 7 2nd gen
post #5 of 8 Old 11-27-2012, 01:59 AM

Another thing, your first pic shows the jack as an input, not an output
eddie298 likes this.

My setup:
post #6 of 8 Old 11-27-2012, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleh4help View Post

You provided a re-seller link, do you see a builder name on the board
Using your link I came up with this further down where I can kind of guess a 3.5mm jack (at least at audio cable end)
What this pic doesn't show is if the audio cable shown can be plugged eitherway or if the board side is a proprietary format

hmm, im sure you know what im trying to do after reading through the link i gave you but ill explain it just i case. I have an extra lcd screen that belonged to a laptop that doesnt work. now i bought this controller board so i could use it as a display for my xbox. The other people i've seen do this say they don't have audio but their board is different. i asked this store exactly what i wanted and let them know i was doing this to play an xbox on and i needed audio so they referred my\e to this board.

Alright, so from the information you've gathered, what purpose do these audio plugs hold? at first i thought i would be able to just get some old computer speakers, plug them in an outlet and then plug the other end of that 3.5mm jack into them and hope for sound?

oh and sorry if i mis-read some of your reply but did you find out what that white plug is?

I really appreciate your response,

Thanks!
post #7 of 8 Old 11-27-2012, 07:59 AM

Look again at the first pic: the jack at the bottom (between vga & power) is ID'ed as an input (likely 3.5mm) so that would be for a micophone
Just above vga, they put another marking: ''connect to speakers''
So if you wish to connect speakers to this board, you would need some sort of wire assy to connect right on the board's whitish square above vga

To be safe, you should contact the seller (make sure you write very EASY to understand question(s) and don't expect elaborate answers)
If you google R.RM5251B, one of the results (http://www.njytouch.com/lcdcontroller.htm) seem to give better descriptions, owner manual, etc)
eddie298 likes this.

My setup:
post #8 of 8 Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleh4help View Post

Look again at the first pic: the jack at the bottom (between vga & power) is ID'ed as an input (likely 3.5mm) so that would be for a micophone
Just above vga, they put another marking: ''connect to speakers''
So if you wish to connect speakers to this board, you would need some sort of wire assy to connect right on the board's whitish square above vga
To be safe, you should contact the seller (make sure you write very EASY to understand question(s) and don't expect elaborate answers)
If you google R.RM5251B, one of the results (http://www.njytouch.com/lcdcontroller.htm) seem to give better descriptions, owner manual, etc)

Thanks a ton! I've emailed the seller. i also found two pairs of speakers on their site but they are tiny, which i don't think will be good quality at all. i think i am going to just use the controller board for video only using a dvi to hdmi to connect to my xbox and then buy an additional piece to put into the other port on the xbox and use that for sound. its..a little bit more money but less complicated to me lol.

Thanks for the help!
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page