Monitor 30 High Mounting options (surround placement) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-29-2012, 04:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to find the best way to mount some monitor 30's used for the surrounds in my new setup.

It's a fairly standard seating position with ~ 9.5' ceilings. The 30's are a bit bulkier than I thought, so I need to get them as high off the ground (ceiling corner) as possible to try to appease the wife.

With that said, I have the option of

A) keyhole mounting the 30's on each side of the side wall directly aiming at each other, or

B) using a bracket to aim the speakers down a touch towards the seating position.

Option A I believe would be less obtrusive, as it would position the speaker as close to the wall as possible.

Option B would give the ability to aim the speaker towards the main seating positions.

It seems that most guides recommend a setups with surround speakers slightly above and adjacent to the listener. In my case, the speakers will be well above and adjacent the listener, however it seems that movie theaters have placements that are not aimed and far above and adjacent the listener.

Would it be worth the extra fuss (and room protrusion of the speaker) to bracket mount them, or would a standard screw via the keyhole mount suffice?

Here is the current configuration (picture taken at seated eye level, main seating)...

It's worth noting that the entire area behind the main seating is open to a kitchen with a small stup-up, so these speakers will be very obvious and, making any type of lower placement out of the question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-30-2012, 03:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone?
post #3 of 3 Old 11-30-2012, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just bought a pair of these myself...planning on mounting them and aiming...the only difference is my place has a little higher ceiling and I have movie posters/sports memorabilia/etc so speakers mounted like that might add to the whole "hey i'm 25 and got a big ol couch and nfl sunday ticket!", and not so much "welcome to my lovely home"...

Polk has smaller wall speakers for surrounds that come in white...that might be more eye-appealing than two black speakers....I think with the color in that room tho, two high angled rears would look pretty awesome.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page