post #1 of 5 Old 12-01-2012, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

Really need your help here.
My bedroom size is 12' x 14'.
I recently picked up the Definitive Technology ProCinema Series 600 for about 2 months now.
I am using Denon 2113CI

I am a newbie about speakers and do not know much about how to get the best sound out of it like at Best Buy.

Can you recommend to me the best settings (loudness, bass adjustments, speakers frequency, etc)?

If you can be specific on how you set it up to get the best sound out of it. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

I am thinking about switching it to Definitive Technology ProCinema Series 800 for this bedroom size, should i or should i not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-01-2012, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 101
First off are all of your speakers at ear level? This is important. Also subwoofer location is important. You can't stick it hard into a corner - it has to breath. If it has a port on the back it should be at least 2' from a corner more or less.

Check out this link for proper room setup - and if you haven't run Audyssey on the Denon - do so - right after you get all the speakers and sub in the right places.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #3 of 5 Old 12-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 56
The Dolby guide in the link above is what I'd go with but there is some wiggle room as far as placement on an equal plane with your ears since those ProMonitor satellite speakers are usually mounted on a wall with the articulating mounts. Running Audyssey and using a few mic locations will improve sound quality quite a bit even though they might not be set up exactly to Dolby/THX specifications. You can only set them up as best you can in the room they are in.

I wouldn't consider Best Buy as a gauge on how to set them up. Best Buy usually just throws the stuff on a wall or shelf with little or no regard as to what the best setup would be. I doubt they even did any room correction.

HD-DVD = 94
Blu-Ray = 120 ( 24 Warner red2blu )
post #4 of 5 Old 12-02-2012, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Hi Jevan,
They are at ear level and perfectly placed in the room. The shape of my room is rectangular without any cutting corners.

I am still not getting the best sound that I am pleased with. If you have this system. Can you let me know what your settings are?
post #5 of 5 Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 AM

Liked: 12
Pro Cinema 600 has recommended connection, have you try it?

I.ve got pro cinema 600 and using method 1 for speaker connection. So far I'm very pleased with the sound

Bedroom theater
Dynaudio DM 2/6 - Dynaudio DM Center - Def tech pro monitor 600 - Def Tech Prosub 600 - Marantz NR1402 - Bantam Gold Power Amp - Clark Synthesis tst 239 - Dune H1 - PS3
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page