AVS Forum banner

Paradigm Monitor 11 vs EMPtek E55ti

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  afrogt 
#1 ·
I just heard a pair of Paradigm Atom v7. Jaw drop
! Soundstage, imaging, off axis, highs, mids, LOUDNESS everything outperforms a huge floorstander! That doesn't makes sense at all, how can this be possible? I thought bookshelfs are typically crap? And they suck on highs and mids because they have limited single woofer... but not this one. Totally change my perception of "the more woofers the better" And if Atom is that awesome how would it's bigger floorstander Monitor 11 perform? I heard they have a $799 price tag but made in China. The Canadian's version is $1299. Are they different in sound quality? Now here's my problem. I ordered 2 pairs of E55ti on black friday unfortunately I can't listen to them as I don't live in the US. Speakers will stay in my American's friends house till shipped to my country. How would Paradigm Monitor 11 compare with EMPtek E55ti? Miles apart or just slightly better? I'm thinking should I return the EMPteks. But if E55ti can keep up or at least be on par with the Atom I'll gladly keep them. If you've heard them both brands I would like to know your thoughts. Please share. Yippeee...

See less See more
#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by koresuki  /t/1442996/paradigm-monitor-11-vs-emptek-e55ti#post_22655047

I just heard a pair of Paradigm Atom v7. Jaw drop
! Soundstage, imaging, off axis, highs, mids, LOUDNESS everything outperforms a huge floorstander! That doesn't makes sense at all, how can this be possible? I thought bookshelfs are typically crap? And they suck on highs and mids because they have limited single woofer... but not this one. Totally change my perception of "the more woofers the better"

Sounds like you're starting to "come to" in the audio world. Your prior thinking is what seems like 95% of the population believes in audio. The bigger, the better. .....starting to seem like that for weight/meal portions too in this country

Anyways lol.....bookshelves can be excellent performers. A bookshelf doesn't have the added cost of more wood, bracing, crossover designs (possibly), mutliple/more drivers, etc etc. Instead, that cost is added to the 2 or so drivers that reside in that speaker. I'm speaking in general here and not all cases are like this though. Some bookshelves can't reach as low so they would require a sub to fill in some of the lower end. Some wont have the dynamic capabilities, etc. Maybe someone can throw out an analogy or better explain it...but hopefully you get my drift.

And if Atom is that awesome how would it's bigger floorstander Monitor 11 perform? I heard they have a $799 price tag but made in China. The Canadian's version is $1299. Are they different in sound quality? Now here's my problem. I ordered 2 pairs of E55ti on black friday unfortunately I can't listen to them as I don't live in the US. Speakers will stay in my American's friends house till shipped to my country. How would Paradigm Monitor 11 compare with EMPtek E55ti? Miles apart or just slightly better? I'm thinking should I return the EMPteks. But if E55ti can keep up or at least be on par with the Atom I'll gladly keep them. If you've heard them both brands I would like to know your thoughts. Please share. Yippeee...

I've never heard either, but I've got the e55ti's (plus e56ci and e5bi's) coming my way from the BF sale. They have a free 30-day trial if you're not aware of that. If you get them and decide you don't like them, then ship them back to your friend with the US address and return them. If you're always going to be wondering if the Monitor 11 will be better, then try to find somewhere to have a listen OR order those also and compare. No one will be able to tell YOU what YOU like better. Only YOUR ears will decide.

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2  /t/1442996/paradigm-monitor-11-vs-emptek-e55ti#post_22655909

If you get them and decide you don't like them, then ship them back to your friend with the US address and return them.

Unfortunately I can't get them until April 2013. The 30 day trial will be over. Plus my friend is a an audio idiot
I will ask his wife for opinion however as she seems more able to appreciate music. Bazaar don't you think

Seems you do listen to higher end speakers. Can you post on the official emp tek thread? Let us know once you receive E55ti how it would compare with the higher end speakers. Really hope you can share your thoughts.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2  /t/1101727/official-emp-owners-thread/870#post_22666453

So I was browsing HomeTheaterShack forums for EMP reviews, etc...and happened to come across someone (not sure if he posts here too??) that has demo'd quite a few speakers and currently has the E55ti's. He's demo'd speakers like Paradigm Studio 100, Theil CS2.4, Salk's, Philharmonics, PSB Synchrony 1, Ascend Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, etc etc. Quite an impressive list! Before he demo'd a lot of these $2,000+ speakers, he picked up the E55ti's and shortly thereafter demo'd the Studio 100's, Triton II's and a couple others. He had this to say in regards to HIS comparison between the e55ti's and the Studio 100's
" In comparison, I would put the Emp Teks just a shade below the Studio 100s - TBH, I would be fine with either speaker. Aesthetically, I like the look of the 100s a tad better. As far as sound, the 100s seem to be more.... forward (?) than my Emp Teks. The best way I can explain it is when I listen to the 100s, I feel like the soundstage is right on top of me - almost pushing at me.However, after listening to the Emp Teks for the past month, I have gained a greater appreciation for a speaker that just "disappears" as this is what the Emp Teks do for me. This is probably the most important factor for my final choice - I want great sound that is just heard and not seen. "

For someone who has heard multiple speakers and has come to find out what sounds right and wrong, that's VERY impressive that he thinks the e55ti's are just a bit shy of the Studio 100's. Of course they would be....THEY SHOULD BE since they're 10x the price, but that's saying something for these towers. With a +/- 2db IN-ROOM response....I don't see why more people aren't jumping on these. I had to wait until a few days after BF to order mine and I was getting scared they'd sell out lol.

I just audition the paradigm studio 60 Guess what? It's the best speaker I've heard in my entire life
. And someone said e55ti's are just a bit shy of the Studio 100? This is unbelievable

#5 ·
It seems to me that you're just starting to listen to some quality speakers. Good bookshelf speakers can definitely outperform mediocre tower speakers. There are probably plenty of other brands that will impress you too.

I've never heard the EmpTek speakers but the owners sure seem to love them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.