Need help in Energy take classic 5.1 speaker wire connection - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-03-2012, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

I have purchased Energy take classic 5.1 system and would like to know how the current owners are connecting the speaker wire with Energy take classic 5.1 speaker. These speakers has mini 5 way binding posts. I am thinking to use banana plugs for these plugs. As it is mini binding post, does the regular banana plugs will fit in ?.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-03-2012, 08:11 PM

Regular banana plugs fit. Just pop out the red and black bits and you'll be good to go.

If you're mounting them though you may have an issue depending on the mount. I'm using the $12 Monoprice mounts and found I couldn't use the bananas when using the threaded hole as there just wasn't enough room.

Enjoy!
post #3 of 8 Old 12-03-2012, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav2607 View Post

Regular banana plugs fit. Just pop out the red and black bits and you'll be good to go.
If you're mounting them though you may have an issue depending on the mount. I'm using the $12 Monoprice mounts and found I couldn't use the bananas when using the threaded hole as there just wasn't enough room.
Enjoy!

Hi Sav2607,

Thanks for your help and feedback. Just a small question. Could you please tell me how to remove the "red" and "black" caps from the speaker mini 5 way binding post ?. Do we need to use any special tools. After removing the caps can we identify positive and negative connections easily ?

Thank you
post #4 of 8 Old 12-03-2012, 09:32 PM

Nothing fancy as I unscrewed thee tips and popped out the plastic with a tiny screw driver but anything long and pointy would work.

There are no positive or negative connections just keep it the same for all of your speakers and you'll be fine.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-26-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav2607 View Post

Enjoy!
Hey sav2607 or anyone,

I was planning on purchasing the Energy Take Classic 5.1 system and the $12 Monoprice speaker stands. So will I have a problem trying to use banana plugs? Can I mount through a different hole and just connect them a different way? I don't want to get everything and realize I need different stands or something.

Thanks.
post #6 of 8 Old 12-27-2012, 05:36 PM

Here are a couple of photos with the Energy Take Classics in the Monoprice $12 stands. Keep in mind I didn't use the "keyhole" mounting post but I cannot remember if it was purely for aesthetics or because it did not work. The banana plugs I tried use were the standard one from Monoprice as well.

Combined I like them and they do the job together for a great price.

post #7 of 8 Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 AM

I'm finally getting around to hooking my home theater system up. I got these stands from Monoprice and I opted for closed screw banana plugs. I noticed that as far as they stick out, it's proving difficult to figure out how i will route them through the stands. Anyone have any suggestions on that?

Thanks.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 346
don't use them, just go with bare wire if the stands are in the way.

Afro GT
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page